Fearless by Brigid Kemmerer

So after reading [b:Spark|12977172|Spark (Elemental, #2)|Brigid Kemmerer|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1329524396s/12977172.jpg|18135995] again I decided to reread the whole series because it is awesome. However I decided to read it backwards for fun.

I'm not big fan of Hunter so I was fairly annoyed when I had to read a book of his instead of one of the other brothers. It did give me some insight when I moved onto [b:Storm|10401084|Storm (Elemental, #1)|Brigid Kemmerer|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1325995724s/10401084.jpg|15305022] with the "use them before they use you" mantra.

I'm still not a big fan of his and I am interested to see if [b:Spirit|13494365|Spirit (Elemental, #3)|Brigid Kemmerer|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1329824066s/13494365.jpg|19036077] will change my mind. ( )
  renrav | Sep 22, 2013 |
This is soooo much better than interstitial novellas usually are. Really good. ( )
  KateBond | Sep 20, 2013 |
What is it that makes Hunter who he is? In this novella, you find out a little bit of Hunter’s history. It starts out like other books in the Elemental series, with tales of Hunter being bullied. He is walking home from school, hears someone following him and it reminds him of the other times he was picked on during school. Only, this time, it isn’t who he thinks it is.

The person that is following him is Clare Kasten. She says that she wanted to talk to him about a presentation he made in class about guns. She continues to ask him about and if he knows how to use them. She eventually talks Hunter into showing them to her. That is when Hunter’s uncle walks in. He isn’t happy is what he sees and reminds Hunter of what their ability is and how it will affect them. What does Clare really want from Hunter? Why is it that Hunter’s uncle and father warn him away from Clare?

After reading Storm, I was very interested to learn more about Hunter Garrity. You don’t get to learn a lot about him in Storm, just that he is unsual in the world of elementals. I liked this novella. It gave you some background into why Hunter says, does and acts the way he does. Fearless is book 1.5 in the Elemental series and I’m very interested to learn more about the Merricks in Spark. ( )
  YABReviews | Oct 8, 2012 |
Fearless is another short novella, but it is really good also. In Fearless, we get to know more about where Hunter came from and his life before he arrived in the world of the Merrick's. We also get to find out more about Hunter's father and uncle. Hunter's a pretty tough dude, but knows that it's better to avoid a fight if possible, though he doesn't take any crap. Clare Kasten is one of the first girls to really show him any attention, and he is rather taken with her. In his desire to help her, and despite his father's advice, he finds himself in situation he'd rather not be in. For quite some time, he has been trying to get his father and uncle to take him on one of their missions with them. Finally, he gets his wish, a wish that later will change his entire life.

Great, great novella. I loved getting to know about Hunter's background, and how his father and uncle fit into the story. We got to know Hunter in Storm, but in the novella, you really get to find out what shaped him into the guy he is. ( )
  alwaysyaatheart | Aug 8, 2012 |

Is contained in

Hunter Garrity is used to watching his back. The kids at school sense something different about him. And they're right. Hunter has powers that have nothing to do with how hard he can throw a punch. Maybe that's what Clare Kasten is picking up. She's shy, quiet, and intense, but she's sought him out. There's no telling what she wants from him. But Hunter knows enough to sense a secret when it's close. And getting close to Clare is a danger he's ready to face.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,536,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible