Redemption by Susannah Sandlin

Redemption

by Susannah Sandlin

Series: The Penton Vampire Legacy (Book 1)

Vampire Aidan Murphy has founded the peaceful town of Penton, Alabama, consisting of vampires and bonded humans with pure blood that have never been tainted with a vaccine deadly to vampires.

Dr. Krystal Harris has unknowingly been sought out for her uncontaminated blood and background by the town of Penton to replace their recently murdered doctor. Arriving at Penton for a job interview she ends up being kidnapped by Aiden. Trouble is she is beginning to fall for the handsome vampire.

Many at the governing body of the Vampire Tribunal, feel threatened by Aiden Murphy and the army he is building in Penton. Matthias Ludiam is one of those vampires. He secretly sends a killer to infiltrate Penton, Aidan’s older brother Owen.

Redemption sets the foundation and is a great start the Penton Legacy Series. This action pact book is exciting and hard to put down. I enjoyed the characters and community of Penton; both having a lot of depth. Penton is a worthy community were the inhabitants feel that they finally belong.

Susannah Sandlin did an admiral job with the start of the Penton Legacy Series. I can’t wait to read book two, Absolution.

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Nov 26, 2013 |
4.5 rating
I love sexy, tough, complex and noble vampires and Redemption satisfied my craving. I was immediately drawn into the world Sandlin created. I consumed this in a few hours and cannot wait for the next installment. Intense characters, fantastic world building and a unique plot make this the perfect start to a promising new series.

In the tiny town of Penton all is not as it seems. After a vaccine renders human blood fatal to vampires, Aidan Murphy has built a small tight knit community in rural Alabama. Here vampires and unvaccinated humans live side by side. If successful his community may be the answer for his race. After the loss of their doctor he searches and finds Dr. Krystal Harris. When things go wrong the night of her interview, Aidan is forced to hold Krystal hostage. The tale that unfolds is riveting and perfectly paced as Aidan works to save his town from a threat and deal with the beautiful and captivating doctor.

The characters were well developed and I connected with each of them. I found Aiden to be complex and a totally smexy vampire. He is a born leader, and protector. He carries the burden of this town and its people on his shoulders. He cares about his community and makes it a point to know both the humans and vampires. To him they are his family and bonded to him by blood. Aiden has a painful history and has closed himself off. When he enters a room his presence consumes the room and others look to him for guidence. Beneath this exterior is a passionate, sensitive man and I loved discovering the many sides of him. Dr. Krystal is smart, compassionate and flawed. She is also curious and her need to know, geeky side, lands her in trouble. Watching the two of them interact was funny, sweet and smoking hot. The relationship grew slowly and I liked that. Members of the community added to the tale and had substance. Hannah was one of my favorites. She is a vampire with physic abilities and her back story was interesting. Of course there are evil characters and unknown players who add to the suspense.

The world building is solid and I liked Sandlin’s twist. While she has not changed much about vampires, the back story and vaccination twist were believable and refreshingly original. The utopia Aidan is trying to create was interesting and the perfect setting for endless plot lines. I love small town series, where you get to know everyone and Penton appealed to me. The plot, character development and flow was wonderful. I quickly became invested in the characters and the tales outcome. Sandlin has a gift for weaving a suspenseful plot with fleshed out characters. This appears to be a series where each can be read as a standalone and focuses on one couple.

Redemption is a must read for fans of suspenseful paranormal romances, and vampires. Fans of the Sweetblood and Night Huntress series will eat this up. The next two books in the series are due out later this year and this reader cannot wait. The titles are Absolution which releases October 9 and Omega due out December 18.

I want to thank the author for providing this ARC in exchange for my unbiased review.
*Sandlin is a pen name for Suzanne Johnson author of the urban fantasy Royal Street, which rocked my face off.
Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ( )
  kimbacaffeinate | Mar 30, 2013 |
Fantastic story!!! If you love paranormal vampire romance, read this one! I am looking forward to the next book! ( )
  booklovre6 | Mar 30, 2013 |
  booklovre6 | Mar 30, 2013 |
In the opener that introduces the vampire scathe of Penton to the reader, Susannah Sandlin has created a unique premise that provides social good for the human world while providing the vampires a source of untainted and willing blood donors. With a mix of solid world-building, a talent for creating word pictures with descriptions and characters that are well defined with points of view that mix personality with humor and quirks and give them voice, this story will engage and entertain from the first page to the last. The interactions, conversation and chemistry in character interaction were raw and real, never feeling forced or overly sentimental. This book is a great start to the series and introduction to this author’s work.

I received an eBook copy from author for purpose of honest review for BTS eMagazine. I was not compensated for this review, and all conclusions are my own responsibility. ( )
  IamIndeed | Mar 29, 2013 |

Susannah Sandlinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dawe, AngelaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Audio, BrilliancePublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,434,050 books! | Top bar: Always visible