Fallen Angel (Hqn) by Eden Bradley

Fallen Angel (Hqn)

by Eden Bradley

192537,190 (2.25)None

Despite an intriguing, evocative first chapter, FALLEN ANGEL's mix of relentless sexuality and infantilized, cult victim creeped me out too much to continue. Angel's masturbatory interludes with Asmodeus were off putting, and even when her status as a victim began to become clear, anticipating any sort of sexual relationship between her and Declan was too disturbing for me to stomach. I was intrigued by the symbols and ceremony the precipitated her fall from the heavens, but not enough to want to read about the sexual deviant cult that seems to be responsible. I'd like to think Angel grows into her own agency, but I'm not going to read along with the "sexual healing" that takes her there.
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
I haven’t ever really read erotic fiction before, so am not really sure what they would normally read like. I found the sex scenes a bit too much in this story, they seemed to be at it every second, or thinking about it (or she was with Asmodeus, doing the dirty) and to me this was too much, none of it seemed realistic. I also found the swearing a little too much. I also had issues with how they instantly fell in love (or felt such a strong connection anyway) you would think that someone who had been abused most of their life and not seeing many people, would be wary of anyone new, instead she woke up and immediately wanted sex with Declan and strove to make it her mission.
The story I found interesting, and probably would have enjoyed it had the romance and sex seemed more real. I enjoyed the physiological issues and trying to guess if it was in her mind or real, I enjoyed the mystery aspect too. Overall not something I’d normally read, and if this is anything to go by, will not be reading anymore erotic fiction.
For my full review and others, see my blog.
A Slice of Amz Life ( )
  amz310783 | Jun 30, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373777175, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:44 -0400)

Haunted by a military mission that ended in personal tragedy, Declan Byrne still bears a soldier's scars. As a park ranger on the secluded Mendocino coast, he guards his heart while standing ready for anything. Anything except a beautiful, ethereal woman with a mysterious past, falling from the cliffs to the rocks below. Angel, as Declan decides to call her, has no memory of what happened. But as her body heals, disturbing dreams emerge. In Declan's protective care, Angel feels safe to act on the undeniable passion between them, without the threats from old, unnameable demons. And, in time, she senses Declan needs her as desperately as she needs him. But when her past returns with a vengeance, Declan must decide just how much he's willing to risk in order to keep the woman he loves safe.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,644,182 books! | Top bar: Always visible