Burning Light (The Protectors Prequels…

Burning Light (The Protectors Prequels Omnibus Edition)

by Emily Ann Ward

199537,190 (3.83)None

Overall, I enjoyed this edition. I'm not going to go into the story line, because that's why you should read the book description and just read it yourself :P

Ward gave a nice introduction piece to the lives and types of people in this alternate world showcased in her novel, Promising Light. I originally read Promising Light first then read this edition. I liked the love stories between the main characters Sierra, Sashe, Dar, Evan, Seth and Matilda. I was able to get a better understanding of what happened during this time period before the story starts in Promising Light. The story and the characters were good except I still don't know the reason Matilda didn't like Sierra prior to finale and I don't know why Sashe left to go with the king. I can guess why Sashe left, but when the sisters met up at the end there was no explanation why she left and became a mistress. It just seems like she left to go to the folks that killed her husband. So a little more detail would have been nice and in that way could have made a much better ending. Unfortunately there were writing errors that had to do with mixing the character names. Not sure if that was due to the book version I got (ePub) or if its just my reading it, but I swear that there were at least one character name mix up per 'book.' Due to the multiple character name mess up, I dropped my rating down by one star (my rating 3.5 out of 5).

I'd suggest reading Promising Light first, then this version. Reading some other reviewers they were upset with the ending and I'm not sure if its due to the way it was written (like my complaint) or with the book not ending on a happy note. I have read most of this author's work and I do get involved in her stories! Looking forward to reading the next part to this alternate world!

Suggested for fantasy romance readers.

*Received this book via LibraryThing.com's member giveaway* ( )
  llyramoon | Apr 27, 2013 |
Sashe and her sister were raised with shape changers in a kingdom where shape changers are coming under attack. She is falling for a new shapeshifting boy who has moved near their home. The danger is increasing and Sashe and her sister have to decide if they should stay with the shapeshifters.

I enjoyed the world the author has created. The shapeshifters are interesting and the villains frightening. I don't want to ruin the ending for anyone. Suffice it to say the ending is not the happy fairytale ending one might expect from of book of this genre. Some readers may be disappointed in this. ( )
  carod | Sep 19, 2012 |

Ward gave a nice introduction piece to the lives and types of people in this alternate world showcased in her novel, Promising Light. I originally read Promising Light first then read this edition. I liked the love stories between the main characters Sierra, Sashe, Dar, Evan, Seth and Matilda. I was able to get a better understanding of what happened during this time period before the story starts in Promising Light. The story and the characters were good except I still don't know the reason Matilda didn't like Sierra prior to finale and I don't know why Sashe left to go with the king. I can guess why Sashe left, but when the sisters met up at the end there was no explanation why she left and became a mistress. It just seems like she left to go to the folks that killed her husband. So a little more detail would have been nice and in that way could have made a much better ending. Unfortunately there were writing errors that had to do with mixing the character names. Not sure if that was due to the book version I got (ePub) or if its just my reading it, but I swear that there were at least one character name mix up per 'book.' Due to the multiple character name mess up, I dropped my rating down by one star.

Suggested for fantasy romance readers.

*Received this book via LibraryThing.com's member giveaway* ( )
  llyramoon | Aug 19, 2012 |
I enjoyed reading this book but needed to read a few chapters before I got total into it. Once I did I felt that all the emotions the characters were going through I was feeling as well.
The ending of the book was so opposed to what I wanted or expected, I so wanted a different ending, but then again well done to a writer who does not go with the status quo. ( )
  chowchow | Jul 28, 2012 |
I was instantly drawn into this story and the characters. Rooting for the lovers and throwing grumpy faces at the people I didn't care for or trust. The group of all three prequels ends up beingan unexpectedly large book. The third prequel makes up 50% of the collection. I thought their emotions and actions to different circumstances was very believable and normal. My favorite characters were Sasha, Seth and Evan. I found myself getting excited when the POV changed to one of their's. Dar and Sierra held a special place in my heart too though. The second full book comes out in September, which is nice timing that I can continue with the story with minimal interruption! ( )
  racyroni | Jul 20, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Emily Ann Ward's book Burning Light (The Protectors Prequels Omnibus Edition) was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,634,850 books! | Top bar: Always visible