The Anniversary Waltz: A novel by Darrel…

The Anniversary Waltz: A novel

by Darrel Nelson

The Anniversary Waltz is a beautiful story of what it really means to love someone else.

The story begins at a 60th anniversary party for Adam and Elizabeth. Their family is brought to tears as they do their customary waltz. It ends with them standing still, holding each other, then a tender kiss.

The main part of the story occurs in the 1940's, after WWII has ended. Adam and Elizabeth share their love story, how they met and the events that led to their memorable wedding.

Adam is recently returned soldier, trying to find his way amongst friends and family. It doesn't take long for him to come across Elizabeth, she was four years younger than him, so he didn't pay much attention to her before he left to serve his country. At this point she has a suitor. Their courtship didn't follow traditional routes. The way they came together showed their unique personalities and love of fun.

This book takes some heart wrenching twists and turns. Adam and Elizabeth did not follow the path that was easy. They had many obstacles to overcome. This book illustrates that when two people really love each other, they can face the world and all the trials together and be stronger for the experience.

This book is a romantic journey, there is kissing. I found it to be a clean and a beautiful book to read. ( )
  Bookworm_Lisa | Feb 16, 2014 |
THE ANNIVERSARY WALTZ by Darrel Nelson is an interesting christian romance/fiction. It interweaves past with present memories as Adam and Elizabeth Carlson celebrate their sixtieth anniversary. It is an emotional story that transports the readers back to a time following World War II as love,courage,faith,healing,tragedy and adversity comes to past. A story filled with a wide range of emotions emerge as you read this heart wretching story that transcends sixty years of romance and love. *Be warned you will need tissues handy* A wonderful story! If you enjoy Nicholas Sparks’ stories you will enjoy “The Anniversary Waltz”. Anyone who enjoys bitter sweet emotions in a story will enjoy this read,along with anyone who enjoys romance,and World War II drama. Received for an honest review from the publisher. Details can be found at the author’s website,Realm and My Book Addiction and More.

RATING: 4

HEAT RATING: SWEET

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Nov 4, 2012 |
Elegant ~ Captivating ~ Heart Warming!

The Anniversary Waltz by Darrel Nelson is a beautifully written, emotionally engaging story that opens with the celebration of Adam and Elizabeth Carlson's 60th anniversary. After their traditional anniversary waltz, Adam and Elizabeth sit down with their family and share the story of their life and love.

It is a story full of life's blessings and challenges, adversity and grace along with a love that is enduring. This beautiful story will bring tears to your eyes and a smile to your heart.

After finishing the book, I kept pondering the gentle flow of the story and Mr. Nelson's writing style. Both reminded me so much of the elegance and beauty of a musical waltz.

I really enjoyed The Anniversary Waltz and I highly recommend this book. It was uplifting, enjoyable, and a wonderful heart warming story!

Many thanks to Glass Road Public Relations for the opportunity to review this book. My review is an honest reflection of my experience regarding this book. ( )
  mrsrenee | Jun 25, 2012 |
Imagine an anniversary party for a marriage that has lasted 60 years. The husband and wife share a waltz every year to celebrate the love that they have and to commemorate the night they fell in love. That is how this sweet tale of a long lasting love begins.

Adam and Elizabeth dance their waltz and reminisce about how it all began lo those 60 years ago when Adam was a young soldier just returned from WWII and Elizabeth a beautiful girl trying to figure out what she wanted to do with her life; she was dating the eligible boy in town and he was sure to provide her with all the material comforts in life but would he make her heart sing?

Adam comes home to find out that the farm he left behind is about to be foreclosed and the banker holding the mortgage is his old rival from high school and is unwilling to help in any way. That rival is also Elizabeth's boyfriend and Adam finds Elizabeth very compelling.

Of course these two are meant to be but their coming together isn't smooth or easy. They have to overcome some pretty big challenges before they get to the altar let alone that 60th anniversary. But the telling is an old fashioned delight. The book was a delightful respite from the heavier books I have been reading and the writing was easy. I found myself lost in WWII small town Montana life and I really didn't want to leave. This was one book I really wished was LONGER so that the characters would have been more developed. I really liked these people and wanted to know more about them and their lives.

This was a fast, relatively light read and it is sure to put a smile on your face and brighten your day. Not to mention strengthen your faith in long lasting, true love. ( )
  BrokenTeepee | Jun 10, 2012 |
I loved this book, and could not put it down! The Prologue of the book let me know that Adam and Elizabeth ended up together, and were celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary.
When the story opened Elizabeth was dating a banker named Nathan, and Adam was just returning from WWII. Such sweet reunions he had with his family, only his Dad Nathan still seems to be holding a grudge.
There are so many tender moments ...like when Aunt Lenora gives Elizabeth her Mother's rings! Then there are some tragic and heartbreaking times. Throughout the story you see God's hand on their lives!
Don't miss this quick and heartwarming read, back to a time right after the War, enjoy!

I received this book through First Wild Card Tours, and the Publisher Realms, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | May 29, 2012 |

It's the summer of 1946, and Adam has just returned from the war to his home in Reunion, Montana. At a town festival he meets Elizabeth Baxter, a young woman going steady with his former high school rival and now influential banker, Nathan Roberts. When Adam and Elizabeth share a waltz in a deserted pavilion one evening, their feelings begin to grow, and they embark on a journey, and a dance, that will last a lifetime.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,595,888 books! | Top bar: Always visible