HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

The Forgotten by David Baldacci
Loading...

The Forgotten (edition 2012)

by David Baldacci

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
1,313455,926 (3.85)11
Member:elizbullard
Title:The Forgotten
Authors:David Baldacci
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2012), Edition: First Edition first Printing, Hardcover, 432 pages
Collections:Your library
Rating:***
Tags:army; murder; slavery; florida; elderly; colombia; bulgaria

Work details

The Forgotten by David Baldacci

None.

None
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 11 mentions

Showing 1-5 of 45 (next | show all)
SWEDISH REVIEW

Jag läste bok fyra just precis innan jag fick chansen att läsa denna bok. Men det bekymrade mig inte så mycket då jag fann den senaste boken i John Puller series fantastiskt bra och jag hade hoppas på chancen att få läsa de tidigare böckerna. John Puller är en man som har en vana att hamna i strul verkar det som, lite som Lee Childs Jack Reacher. Kan vara det militära kopplingen som får mig att att tänka på Jack Reacher. I den här boken börjar allting med ett brev som Pullers far får från sin syster. Detta brev blir startskottet på ett helvete i paradiset kan man säga. För något är verkligen fel i Paradise i Florida....

De bortglömda är en spännande thriller som är svårt att lägga ifrån sig. Man blir uppslukad av handlingen och frågan är vem kan Puller egentligen lita på? Speciellt när t.o.m polisen i Paradise beter sig mystiskt. Blir ju inte bättre av att fler och fler personer plötsligt börjar dö. Vad är kopplingen mellan dödsfallen och vem är den stora mannen som räddar Pullers liv när han mitt i natten är i fara? Är han en vän eller fiende? För det verkar som han har är iblandad i fallet på något sätt...

Jag tyckte att de bortglömda var en mycket bra bok, det är absolut inga problem att läsa denna bok fristående från de andra serien. Själv är jag väldigt sugen på att läsa de två böcker jag ännu inte har läst i denna serie. Och självklart hoppas jag på att David Baldacci kommer att skriva många fler John Puller böcker.

Tack till Bokfabriken för recensionsexemplaret!

ENGLISH REVIEW

I read book four in this series right just before I got the chance to read this book. But it didn't worry me much since I found the last book in the series fantastic and I was hoping to get the chance to read the previous books. John Puller is a man who has a habit of getting into trouble. It reminded me a bit of Lee Child's Jack Reacher. It may be the military connection that made me think of Jack Reacher. In this book, everything begins with a letter that Puller's father gets from his sister. This letter will mark the start of a Hell in Paradise one could say. For something is really wrong in Paradise in Florida ...

The Forgotten is an exciting thriller that is hard to put down. You become immersed in the action, and the question is who can Puller really trust? Especially when even the police in Paradise behave mysteriously. Then, more and more people suddenly begin to die. What is the connection, and how is the big man that one night save Puller's life? Is he a friend or foe? For it seems that he is involved in the case in some way ...

I thought The Forgotten was a very good book, there is absolutely no problem reading this book without having read the other books in the series. Personally, I'm very eager to read the two books I have not yet read in this series. And of course, I hope that David Baldacci will write more John Puller books.

Thanks to Bokfabriken for the review copy! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Apr 14, 2017 |
Title: The Forgotten (John Puller #2)
Author: David Baldacci
Pages: 557
Year: 2013
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
My rating is 4 out of 5 stars.
The last time we left John Puller he was riding off into the sunset with an unknown designation. John isn’t usually a man to do anything without a plan, but this time he did. He had try and forget or get over the pain of his last mission. Only time would tell if he would be successful. Now, Agent John Puller is back, not at his best yet but the day was just beginning. John will receive a call that will plant his feet on Florida soil in what at first looks like taking care of his aunt, his father’s older sister.
When John arrives, what greets him is another loss. The longer he stays in Florida, the more clues he finds that something is amiss just like his aunt suspected. More begins to follow than simply taking care of business in regards to his aunt. In fact, it’s about to get really dangerous maybe even life-threatening! There is man who wears a size 16 shoe who is evidently on the hunt for something or someone while working for a lawn care company that pays in cash.
In addition to the mysterious big-footed man, now there is something about a very rich man who has secrets. The man will do whatever is necessary to keep his secrets, his lifestyle and people who are treated like slaves a secret. John Puller can’t be sure who is on what side as he begins to slowly peal back layers of what goes on in the small town in Florida after dark. As he does, the body count goes up with few clues.
One can never tell by the cover of a novel what is inside. I knew I wanted to read more about stories that centered on Agent John Puller. Military, political, suspense or thriller type novels are one of my favorite genres to read. The only part I didn’t care for in this book were a couple of short scenes that while the author didn’t describe relations between people it was certainly enough to understand. When I completed the novel, I could see why the author included it as it did bring home a point of human trafficking and slavery. However, I still could have done without even the few short descriptions.
What I enjoyed was the tenacity of Agent John Puller’s character in solving multiple crimes that were occurring at the same time. The action, adventure, danger and suspense were at epic proportions! The author does do a magnificent job of describing the scenes of action so well I felt I was actually there observing it while it was unfolding before my eyes. So, if you read the book, just skip the few unfavorable parts and enjoy the character of John Puller as he seeks justice, honor and bringing hope to people who were hopeless. ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Feb 12, 2017 |
4.5 stars

David Baldacci is my go to author when I'm looking for something current, intelligent, explosive and fast-paced. The Forgotten did not disappoint. The problem faced in this story is a human trafficking ring. Puller uses his awesome knowledge and physical ability plus a little military help. The other characters are cool and interesting also. I always like the little tidbits involving his father and brother and am wondering if we'll ever learn everything there.
( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
4.5 stars

David Baldacci is my go to author when I'm looking for something current, intelligent, explosive and fast-paced. The Forgotten did not disappoint. The problem faced in this story is a human trafficking ring. Puller uses his awesome knowledge and physical ability plus a little military help. The other characters are cool and interesting also. I always like the little tidbits involving his father and brother and am wondering if we'll ever learn everything there.
( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Not a huge fan of the John Puller books ( )
  newnaturalmama | Oct 16, 2016 |
Showing 1-5 of 45 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review

» Add other authors (1 possible)

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
David Baldacciprimary authorall editionscalculated
Anton, Uwesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Audio, HachettePublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cassidy, OrlaghReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McLarty, RonReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Te Lindert, JolandaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
To Aunt Peggy, an angel on earth if ever there was one.
First words
He had the look of a man who was afraid that tonight would be his last on earth.
Quotations
Last words
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Book description
Army Special Agent John Puller is the best there is. A combat veteran, Puller is the man the U.S. Army relies on to investigate the toughest crimes facing the nation. Now he has a new case-but this time, the crime is personal: His aunt has been found dead in Paradise, Florida.

A picture-perfect town on Florida's Gulf Coast, Paradise thrives on the wealthy tourists and retirees drawn to its gorgeous weather and beaches. The local police have ruled his aunt's death an unfortunate, tragic accident. But just before she died, she mailed a letter to Puller's father, telling him that beneath its beautiful veneer, Paradise is not all it seems to be.

What Puller finds convinces him that his aunt's death was no accident . . . and that the palm trees and sandy beaches of Paradise may hide a conspiracy so shocking that some will go to unthinkable lengths to make sure the truth is never revealed.
Haiku summary

No descriptions found.

After he receives a posthumous note from his aunt hinting that things are horribly amiss in her Florida Gulf Coast town, Army Special Agent John Puller uncovers a shocking conspiracy.

(summary from another edition)

» see all 5 descriptions

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
191 avail.
34 wanted

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (3.85)
0.5
1 1
1.5 1
2 10
2.5 7
3 67
3.5 22
4 128
4.5 14
5 60

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,150,592 books! | Top bar: Always visible