Winning Balance: What I've Learned So…

Winning Balance: What I've Learned So Far about Love, Faith, and…

by Shawn Johnson

Other authors: Nancy French

"Wining Balance" by Shawn Johnson is an amazing autobiography to read. I've always admired Shawn and was interested about her journey to the 2008 Beijing Olympics. When you read this book, you will learn so much about her and a lot of struggles in her life to get to where she is now. This is a great book for Shawn's fans. ( )
  br14jabe | Nov 11, 2013 |
Just as 4-time Olympic gymnastics champion Shawn Johnson was unbelievably solid on the balance beam (see video here), her autobiography displays solid balance as well.

This book is solid gold and I loved! Shawn Johnson is so inspirational and dedicated! She is amazingly dedicated to gymnastics, and (amazingly!) finds the time to balance out other hobbies she has - all while training for her big break at the Olympics in Beijing of 2008. Shawn's faith in the Lord is both encouraging and inspirational to younger readers.
"Thanks to my parents, friends, family, and my church, I realized that my true identity comes from something other than my accomplishments, and that lasting happiness will never be found in another medal or trophy." -Ch. 28 The writing is, surprisingly, spectacular! Shawn really has a talent for writing! This book seemed to flow as readers follow Shawn from the moment she was received a "0" on her Apgar testing to when she wins the gold medal on balance beam in the Olympics to winning Dancing With the Stars in 2009 - and all the events in-between.

Shawn has two conflicting desires: to be a normal teenager and to win an Olympic gold medal. She shows readers how, with lots of support from her parents and friends, she is able to balance her two dreams out. "I was an interesting combination of nerd, tomboy, and girly-girl, which, come to think of it, is probably still a good description." -Ch. 2 This is a highly recommended book for everyone - especially those who are gymnasts. Shawn Johnson is truly a great role model, inspiration, and gymnast and her story is both thrilling and hopeful to young gymnasts that look up to Shawn and hope to compete in the Olympics someday.

OFFICIAL BOOK LINK ( )
  ZoeSNicholson | Sep 16, 2013 |
Truley a great veiw of a gymnast life on and off the beam. I just loved it to peices, it kept me up all night and helped me to realize how dreams can really come true. The e book version also has some great pictures :) GO SHAWN! ( )
  katagirl | Sep 30, 2012 |
This is not really an autobiography although Shawn does tell about some of the things that happened throughout her life. The main points of this book are her attitude when things happened to her and how she handled it. An encouraging, easy to read book. ( )
  TFS93 | Jul 15, 2012 |

Shawn Johnsonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
French, Nancysecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
We live by believing and not by seeing. 2 Corinthians 5:7
Other things may change us, but we start and end with family. Anthony Brandt
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss
Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles. Mike Greenberg
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. Martin Luther King Jr.

American gymnast Johnson is a four-time Olympic gold and silver medalist; a national--and world--champion athlete and a winner on the popular "Dancing with the Stars." This is the amazing true journey of how this young Olympian has found balance in her life.… (more)

66 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,050,631 books! | Top bar: Always visible