Tidal Whispers by Claire Gillian Jocelyn…
113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added bySanz71
legends (1) mermaids (1) sea (1) selkie (1) siren (1)

ISBN/ASIN: 9781937744045
Publisher: J. Taylor Publishing
Pages:

I think the best and fairest way for me to review this book is to give you the individual blurbs of the short stories with my reviews for each separate story too. So we will start with the blurbs below.

BLURB from Goodreads
Heart’s Desire by Julie Reece
After a terrible accident, Tessa returns to her family beach house to heal. She doesn’t expect to see her first summer crush from seven years before. Cameron, though, reappears and ignites a relationship that’s far more intense than ever before. The only problem? Summer is once again coming to an end, and this time, Tessa will have to decide whether to choose life with Cameron or to never see him again.

The Sweetest Song by Claire Gillian
Under Poseidon’s rule, Circe is the most destructive siren in the Pacific ocean, her songs luring ships and their crew to their watery graves. Not Otis, the best halibut fisherman in the Alaskan waters. His ship, the Calypso, has avoided disaster each time Circe set her sights on him.

Given one last chance to deliver Otis to Davy Jones’ locker, Circe takes to land to waylay the handsome captain. Instead, it may be Otis himself who hooks the Siren.

Pearl of Pau’maa by Kelly Said
Should Miki choose to wed the local wealthy boy she doesn't love, her stomach will stop grumbling. Her soul, however, will suffocate. With one last opportunity before she must concede, she sneaks off for a final dive to her hidden crate at the bottom of the seabed. What waits for her is more than a captured lobster. It's a treasure she cannot claim without great sacrifice or true love.

The Undergarden by Jocelyn Adams
Nixie, a water sprite, lives a solitary existence as she struggles to understand the strange world beyond her waters. When she meets one of the pink ones, a curious boy named Wyatt, their friendship blooms into a love that can exist only upon the sands that divide his solid ground from her underwater paradise. Some love, though, once born, cannot be undone, even in the face of death.

MY REVIEW
Firstly I love, love, love, the cover, the mysterious woman on the front. I also love those colours, as you will have noticed from my blog I love blues and purples! I decided to review this book as I enjoy reading anthologies, I always say it's a brilliant way to discover new authors you may not have read before. J. Taylor Publishing gave me this e-book to review, so thank-you to them.

Heart's Desire by Julie Reece
I did find this short story slightly harder to get into at the very beginning, but persevered and ended up quite enjoying the whole mystical love story. As always I do not wish to give spoilers so thought you may not totally understand some of my comments now you will understand them once you have read the individual stories. I loved that both were prepared to sacrifice things for the love of each other. Tessa does have some fairly racy dreams so wish to point out that this story does have adult content.
Did I enjoy it? Yes 3.5/5!

The Sweetest Song by Claire Gillian
I felt like I slipped into this short story straight away. Once again the theme has love and sacrifice. Poseidon and Aphrodite feature in this story.Poseidon is portrayed as a bit of a pervy old man, wanting Circe to fail in her task so he could claim her as some sort of slave/plaything. Again I am unable to say a great deal more as it would giveaway too much. Having read other work by Claire Gillian I had a good idea that I would enjoy her short story and she didn't disappoint!
Did I enjoy it? Yes 4.5/5!

Pearl of Pau'maa by Kelly Said
This story again was extremely easy to fall into. It feature two mer brothers, Harmon who has joined the army the more responsible one of the two brothers. Also Creeb who is more of a scoundrel, a gambler and not as trustworthy. The story also features Mike who is a poor islander who dives for her food and pearls to sell. There is a legend of the pearl to learn all about too.
Did I enjoy it? Yes 4/5!

The Undergarden by Jocelyn Adams
Oh, this one is a lovely heart touching tale. I loved the relationship that developed between Nixie and Wyatt. Also at the very end I love how Meera wants to speak to a "pink one" therefore possibly repeating history.
Did I enjoy it? Yes, loved it 5/5

So to sum up, this is a great mixture of Tidal/Sea themed stories. I enjoyed all four short stories and would definitely read more by all of the featured authors.

Release Date: Jun 4, 2012 ( )
  Sanz71 | May 25, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,551,744 books! | Top bar: Always visible