Trojan Horse: A Novel by Mark Russinovich

Trojan Horse: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Mark Russinovich, Kevin Mitnick (Foreword)

Title:Trojan Horse: A Novel
Authors:Mark Russinovich
Other authors:Kevin Mitnick (Foreword)
Info:Thomas Dunne Books (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Fiction, Thrillers

Trojan Horse: A Novel by Mark Russinovich

Started today, March 5th, 2013, just after finishing Zero Day by the same author.
Story goes the same way as Zero Day, and thus is not so surprising, or good.
Also I think the team should stick to working with computers and leave the rest of the investigation to the police or 3-letter agencies.
Without even a weapon going after criminals, terrorists, spies who have guns and more training in using it, is mad and in the end not very realistic.
Once I can accept, be it luck or turn of events, but this time 1 star less.
People and places are very detailed, sometimes too much so, could have been shorter and not every third-rate shortly mentioned person needs a background story or explanation.
It may not feel the same had I not read it back2back with Zero Day, I should have waited half a year or more.
Maybe the next one if and when it is published will read better, even when it may be written the same way (and then may be it really is better,
wait and see).
I will probably still buy and read it. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
Was ok, but not as much fun as the first one, the main character trying to hero it out is not really something that feels fits for the idea i had of him.

Would probaly buy the next book of the author, but i hope thats more techincally oriented again. ( )
  Lorune | Jul 6, 2014 |
Interesting plot, authentic technical background (and I deal with security issues myself). But the writing is just not up to the task. It makes for quite boring reading, despite plot attractiveness. I enjoyed technical references the most, rather than narrative. ( )
  everfresh1 | Dec 10, 2012 |
I felt like he spent more time explaining the technicality of things in this book then he did in Zero Day. That being said it's fun to read a book that deals with cyber security in a realistic manner (for the most part).
  jcopenha | Nov 21, 2012 |
I won an ARC of Trojan Horse: A Novel by Mark Russinovich in a giveaway for free on Goodreads First/Reads- Wow* what an eye opener** Trojan Horse is a brilliant story... filled with enough action and suspense to have you flipping through the second half of this novel with no problems... Reesa*** ( )
  Reesa111 | Sep 15, 2012 |

It's two years after the Zero Day attacks, and cyber-security analyst Jeff Aiken is reaping the rewards for crippling Al Qaeda's assault on the computer infrastructure of the Western world. His company is flourishing, and his relationship with former government agent Daryl Haugen has intensified since she became a part of his team. But the West is under its greatest threat yet. A revolutionary, invisible Trojan that alters data without leaving a trace -- more sophisticated than any virus seen before-- has been identified, roiling international politics. Jeff and Daryl are summoned to root it out and discover its source. As the Trojan penetrates Western intelligence, and the terrifying truth about its creator is revealed, Jeff and Daryl find themselves in a desperate race to reverse it as the fate of both East and West hangs in the balance.… (more)

4 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,874,947 books! | Top bar: Always visible