My Dog!: A Kids' Guide to Keeping a Happy…

My Dog!: A Kids' Guide to Keeping a Happy and Healthy Pet

by Michael J. Rosen

1011,293,036 (3)None

Although aimed at younger dog owners, this book is perfectly suitable for adults who've never had a dog before (i.e. me). Accessible, not too dense, and plenty of necessary information from the basics to stuff that had never occurred to me. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0761158413, Spiral-bound)

A primer, an owner’s manual, a field guide, and more, My Dog! is the complete book for every child who has a dog—whether it’s a brand-new puppy or adopted mutt, or a beloved pooch who’s been in the family for years. And it couldn’t be more kid-friendly, with its customizable cover (paste in a picture of your dog), tabbed chapters, and a pull-out dry-erase dog care chart.

Written by Michael J Rosen, author of Kids’ Best Dog Book, and dubbed a “fidosopher” by The Washington Post, My Dog! covers everything from the basics of handling, feeding, and grooming to history, lore, and the kinds of fun facts kids will always remember (dogs have a sense of smell a million times better than ours; the oldest dog on record, Bluey, lived to be 29). It tells kids how to train their dogs, with illustrations—including action commands like Sit, Stay, Come, and Go to Your Place, and behavioral commands like Speak and Thank-You. There are the simple health checks kids can do. A How to Speak Dog section to insure that kids and dogs remain best friends—including why a raised, wagging tail doesn’t always mean “I’m happy,” and the important difference between a Yelp! and a Yowl! Even a recipe for Carob “Cocoa” for kids and dogs to bond over after a brisk winter walk.

Included with the book is a field guide to 75 breeds of the most popular and family-friendly dogs kids are likely to meet—each illustrated with a gorgeous full-color photograph and profiled with essential facts, including behavioral insights that make it an invaluable guide to choosing a family pet.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:14 -0400)

Everything you need to know about your pet, from choosing a family dog to training, care, feeding, and more. A primer, an owner's manual, a field guide--this is the complete book for every child who has a dog.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,614,869 books! | Top bar: Always visible