Dream Lover by Suzanne Jenkins

by Suzanne Jenkins

195537,190 (4)None

bY ( )
  AMKee | Oct 24, 2014 |
The third book in the Pam of Babylon series bring a lot of answers to questions from books one and two. The fourth book in the series Prayers for the Dying will be out soon. Check out Suzanne’s website for more information about this great series.
While I usually stay away from books that deal with extra-material affairs, I am so glad I have read these three books. I do not stay away from them for any major reason or because I might be a prude. I only stay away because reading them brings back many hurtful and painful memories from when I was married. That being said I am sure you can guess that I was on the receiving end of a husband that enjoyed the romp in the hay with others.
In this third book, we see Pam going through more painful encounters with women from her husband’s past. A past that is filled with deceit. With the deceit comes the realization that Pam did not fully know or understand her husband. This is something we have all experienced. No fully knowing what is in someone else’s mind, their thoughts to reasons for their actions. After reading step back from your relationship and ask yourself, “Do I truly know this person? What could I do to know them better?”
Reading a book is a learning process. No matter what the book is about we all learn something about ourselves and possibly how we might handle the situation. Yes, we all say when we hear about someone cheating on his or her spouse, “I would never go for that. I would leave them in a heartbeat”. However, would you truly leave them? Would you be willing to throw everything away? Yes, they made a mistake, but they deserve forgiveness. I am sure many people reading this will have the answer a big fat NO! However, think for a minute. Is that deceit any different than lying to your spouse about that person you keep flirting with in the office? What about not telling your spouse about that speeding ticket or that check you just wrote will over draw the account. Yes, sometimes we lie to help protect the feeling of others, but are we really protecting them? There is no such thing as a little white lie. Even an omission of something may be classified as a lie to some people.
Take Jack, he was deceitful to Pam and several other women throughout the affairs. Some of the women knew about the others while others knew nothing about what was happening.
In this third book Pam is coming to terms with the life Jack lead. She is meeting new women. Discovering new, hurtful, painful feelings from Jack’s actions while trying to keep a calm stanza while dealing with the people she encounters.
Threw out the book we encounter several women from Jacks past. Each chapter where a new woman is encountered is told from their POV. While I do not like reading a book with different POV’s, this book did not feel cumbersome. It was very easy to switch from one POV to the next. I enjoyed reading how some of the females thought that if Pam keep rein on her husband then they would not be suffering the current emotional pain. I felt like some of the women thought it was Pam’s fault Jack cheated on her. It really got to me that these women did not step up and admit they played a part with the deceit. Granted during each different POV the women stated that Jack told them he was married and would not leave his wife or a different lie. These women did not realize that they were offered a chance to walk away to not suffer any emotional pain. Each female knew what she was getting into at the beginning; none of them refused Jack anything.
Each book in this series is an awakening for Pam. She is learning so much about herself and the husband she never knew. If you are, looking for more than just a quick weekend read then check out this series. Suzanne has started to take readers on a journey where learning about the past awakens a better, stronger person that we once were.
Thanks for another great read Suzanne.
The bunnies and I give this book 4 carrots.

I was gifted this book as part of a VBT. I received no compensation for reading/reviewing this book. The above review is my own opinion and not a paid review. To form your own opinion please support the author and purchase a copy of this book.
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
In the third book of the Pam of Babylon series, Dream Lover, the saga of Jack Smith's widening trail of deceit continues when the reader is introduced to the many women and one man who Jack has had a sexual relationship with over the years. The author continues to weave a spellbinding and sad tale of the legacy and wide spread ramifications that is left from Jack's sexual deviant and promiscuous behavior. Just when I thought that this series couldn't get any better, author Suzanne Jenkins pulls out all the stops and takes the reader further down the rabbit hole with more tantalizing and earth shattering revelations.

When Don't You Forget About Me (book 2) ended, Marie finds a list of women's names in a file that belonged to Jack. Dream Lover seamlessly picks up on that portion of the storyline with the unveiling of the other women and man in Jack's life, while continuing to keep the reader up-to-date with what is happening to Pam, Marie and Sandra. Book 2 was just the tip of the iceberg when it delved into Jack's dual lifestyle, now in book 3 the author goes all in and reveals the depth of his deviant predatory sexual behavior and the complex widespread web of deceit that he has cast out over the years.

Masterfully written in the third person narrative with alternating chapters dedicated to the individual perspectives of each character involved with Jack, the reader is introduced to the new characters and how they became involved with Jack. The author brings the characters to life with a richly detailed description of their complex personalities and lives, they literally jump off the page and draw the readers into their individual stories. The author also continues the individual journeys of Pam, Marie and Sandra with updates on how they are struggling to moving forward with their lives while continuing to deal with the latest fallout of dark revelations that are uncovered.

Dream Lover continues to take the reader on a complicated emotional roller coaster ride with enough drama, suspense, twists and turns that will keep them holding onto the arms of their chair. This compelling series packs a powerful punch, and the author isn't through as she keeps her readers completely hooked on the series with yet another cliffhanger, and leaves them wanting more of the saga that will be revealed in Prayers For The Dying, book 4 of the Pam of Babylon series. *sigh*

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Pump Up Your Book! Virtual Book Publicity Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/09/dream-lover-by-suzanne-jenkins... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Sep 21, 2012 |
This is the third book in this series, and don't think I would have as favorable opinion of this book if this was the only one I had read. When we finished Don't You Forget Me, Marie was aware that there was a long list of woman's names in a file...and that is where it is starting in this book.
Dream Lover, I don't think he was a figment of their imagination! They appear to be coming out of the woodwork now, and when this book is finished, there maybe more. Pam does seem to be adjusting to becoming a widow...and what Jack has done. We get more of a glimpse into what kind of a man Jack was. The person who would make most people's heads turn when he came into a room. He tried to make people feel at ease with him, and got to know something about him. We get different looks about the same man, and it seems like he is a different person depending on who he is with.
I would recommend you read the other two books in this series, you won't be disappointed.

I received this book through Pump Your Book Virtual Tours, and the Author Suzanne Jenkins. ( )
  alekee | Sep 10, 2012 |
Real portrait of the women effected by the aftermath of Jack's death. Great characters and even better story. I love the romance elements that are real life based with flaws and all. I really have enjoyed this series so far, awesome! ( )
  Deb_Mac | May 27, 2012 |

Suzanne Jenkins is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,538,146 books! | Top bar: Always visible