Cinderella and Zombies by Emily Casey

Cinderella and Zombies

by Emily Casey

441,664,912 (4.67)None

This is a delightful "zombiefied" version of the fairy tale with some interesting, very clever twists of its own. And, no, it is not your typical mash-up.... It is, however, a quick, fun and entertaining read.

The author has managed to be true to both the zombie and fairy tale genres at the same time, managing to give us both a strong female protagonist *and* a happy ever after ending! Loved it! ( )
  glindaharrison | Oct 19, 2015 |

glindaharrison | Oct 19, 2015 |
This is not your typical Cinderella story (and I mean that in a good way)! In this novella, Cinderella meets her Prince Charming while she is in the process of defending the kingdom from zombies. No meek and mild Cinderella here! I really enjoyed this characterization of Cinderella. She is strong willed and believes it is her duty to protect her kingdom and the people in it. And boy does she, utilizing some very inventive techniques. I'm a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, and Cinderella comes across to me as the Buffy of zombie killers. Similar attitude, similar industriousness. (I could even see this becoming a fun series where Cinderella is faced with various supernatural challenges from story to story.) Then we have the prince. Kept out of action by the king who is afraid his son will be killed by zombies, Prince Kent is frustrated that he isn't able to fight the zombie hordes and defend his people. Circumstances eventually arise that allow him to prove that he is just as strong of heart as our heroine. How the two meet and their initial perceptions of one another are quite humorous. In fact, there was a lot of humor laced throughout the entire story. This was a fun, light read that I highly recommend. ( )
  Kelly_Mills | Dec 11, 2014 |
Let me just say that Emily Casey has such a wonderful talent for taking fairy tales and making them all her own and she has definitely done it again with Cinderella and Zombies. This Novella really packs some thrills and excitement for any Zombie and Fairy Tale reading enthusiast.

Cinders, a zombie killing heroine, who not only can pull off killing zombies with some really kick-butt knife throwing but do it with such skill and accuracy even while wearing a beautiful blue ball gown with some majorly high stiletto glass slippers .

Prince Kent, a man who recently has been ordered by his father to marry a zombie killer, now must play an unwanted host to a Zombie Killer Audition rather than out protecting his kingdom from this zombie invasion.

What a fantastic read! ( )
  kimbershook | Jul 8, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,620,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible