The Warrior Laird by Margo Maguire

The Warrior Laird

by Margo Maguire

193537,190 (4)None

I’m very new to this author and have read only a handful of her books, but I think I like them.

To me, her stories have a perfect mix of the historical detail and fictional characterization. The characters of Dugan MacMillan and Lady Maura Duncanson were well-developed and executed; the plot was interesting and gave the story fast pace; the romance was entertaining, exciting and sensual.

I think you just might like this one because of the characters that are temperamental and full of passion that this author did an excellent job of panning down.

If you like your romance to have intrigue, hidden treasure, a nasty villain and some Alpha men running around in their kilts, then you’ve found the right book to read. Also, it helps greatly if the author is well versed in the history of the Highlands, as this one is, and you’ll appreciate that as she vividly brings you Scotland of 1700’s in all its glory.

Melanie for b2b

*Book provided by publisher through Edelweiss. ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
THE WARRIOR LAIRD by Margo Maguire is an exciting Scottish Medieval historical romance. Sparks fly,passion ignites and tempers run hot when Dugan MacMillan,sworn to protect his clan at any and all cost and Lady Maura Duncanson,a feist,comely lass,who needs the treasure map Dugan needs to save his clan meet. Dugan decides to use Lady Maura as a hostage when he finds out she is to wed a wealthy "old" baron. Not only is Lady Maura a hellion,she is determined to be no man's property. But with passion running high,danger on every corner,cold nights, on a treasure hunt both needs,how can Lady Maura and Dugan not connect. Fast paced and action packed. "The Warrior Laird" will linger long after the last page. Ms. Maguire pulls the reader into her stories with her strong,feisty heroines,and her devoted,protective,heroes. She is a wonderful storyteller. A must read for anyone who enjoys high-spirited heroines,and heroes who will take your breath away. Received for an honest review from the publisher and Above The Treeline. Details can be found at the author's website,Avon Books,an imprint of Harper Collins Publishing and My Book Addiction and More.

RATING: 4.5

HEAT RATING: MILD

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Nov 20, 2012 |
Picture
I am a sucker for the romance, history, and mystery mix. They get me every time. And when they are well written, those authors have found a fan. I am now a fan of Margo Maguire, author of The Warrior Laird.

Set back in the 1700s, this is a story of a woman who finds herself unwanted by her own parents and siblings. Her decision to save her little sister’s life from her father makes her even more of an outcast. The final blow was her father’s decision to send her little sister away and send the defiant daughter away to be married to an old man. They underestimated her.

As she is led to her groom’s home, she manages to escape but not before meeting a laird that does more than please the eye. Her own actions bring him closer to her where they both find fulfillment of prophesies. They only have to reach the goal and stay alive in the process.

That was all very hard to say without turning it into a spoiler. But I think I succeeded. I found this a really good read. Even as an advance reader’s copy, the formatting and editing was great. This is not always the case. The story flowed smoothly with good character development. Ms. Maguire has a way of drawing the reader in. I felt like I was standing in the highlands. I could almost smell the air around the characters. Truly amazing.

I highly recommend this book. It would be great for a summer read or a romance book club. There are some minor graphic scenes of intimacy. They are short, but present. If you don’t mind skipping a page or two then go ahead and read the book. If any mention of intimacy bothers you, I sadly suggest you skip this recommendation. Though you will miss a great historical romance.

Note: I was given this book by the publisher with no expectation of a positive review. ( )
  RebeccaGraf | May 28, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062122886, Mass Market Paperback)

“Margo Maguire is a masterful storyteller.”
—Lorraine Heath

Margo Maguire has a true talent for writing scintillating, powerfully emotional historical romance novels. She works her enthralling magic once more with a wildly passionate series about siblings who have survived a brutal past and will stop at nothing to claim their birthright. Of course, breathtaking passion and undeniable love are almost certain to come their way. It happens in the first book, The Warrior Laird. Fans of Karen Hawkins, Julianne MacLean, Liz Carlyle, Julia London—and anyone else who loves to be transported by historical romance to the breathtaking Scottish Highlands—will adore this tantalizing tale of a warrior Scotsman on a treasure hunt and the runaway bride who sets out to steal his fortune…only to become his captive prize.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:46 -0400)

When the feisty lass he rescued makes off with his treasure map--his only key to restoring his clan--Dugan MacMillan tracks down Lady Maura Duncanson, and, taking her hostage, prepares to sell her to a wealthy old baron until he realizes that he wants her for himself.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,430,242 books! | Top bar: Always visible