Sleep Magic: Surrendering to Success by…

Sleep Magic: Surrendering to Success

by Victoria Pendragon

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added bykybunnies, veritasshow

I am not usually a person that read self-help books. I have nothing against self-help books they have helped a lot of people and are wonderful they are just not for me. I started this book with an open mind. I did not want to have any negative thoughts about the book because it is not my normal reading. When starting this book I looked at it like a book I would be reading for a college class. Not something that I wanted to read but something that I had to read.

Boy oh boy can I say that I was amazed at this book. Yes, it is a little like something that a psychology professor would give the student to read. However this book will take the reader to a new level of understand about their body. I was interested in this book because I work 10-12 hours a day in the automotive industry. I do not always get 8 full hours of sleep a night, well half of the night and part of the morning. Since I work a 2nd shift sleep is not something that is easy to get or even find the time to get.

After reading this book I learned that I need to pay more attention to my body upon waking up each morning. That I do not need to let my ego idea “I rest when I retire”. I also learned that my body is always telling me what it wants or needs. To teach my body about gratitude. This not only teaches the body about gratitude but it also teaches your brain. It teaches the reader to take nothing for granted.

My favorite part of the book is the following statement “You know that experience I had today, I give you permission, right now, to let go of whatever it is inside me that made me feel that way.” I love that part. Why? Because the statement is not just for letting go of anger and other thing that happen to us during our day. It is a way to release the resentment that we keep inside of us over something that did not go the way we wanted. It helps our mind and body to let go and shows us that we can be a better person if we let go.

Reading this book will help anyone with an open mind. It will help us to understand our body better and allow us to communicate with our body. I suggest the reader to make little note cards and keep by their bed to remember all the little statements that have impacted you while reading. Don’t forget to have an highlighter handy when reading this book. It will come in very handy.

Thanks for a great and informative read Victoria. ( )
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,246,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible