Unclouded Day by William Woodall
312,001,085 (5)None
Recently added bykcasada, skstiles612, billyblueboy

This was another one of those books that once I started it I sat up until I finished it. I was so engaged I thought I had read a short story. The time flew by so quickly. I felt so sorry for Brian and his younger brother. The story starts off with such heartbreak when we learn what type of mother they have. She is the type of person you really want to hate. You don’t hear much about the father until later on. This story, although fantasy has so much to teach us. When Brian finds the amulet he kind of lets the power go to his head. I have been a fan of the TV show “Once Upon A Time”. Mr. Gold aka Rumplestiltskin has a saying every time someone comes to him for magic. He reminds them that they need to remember that “magic comes with a price”. It seems that Brian never thought about the price of using the amulet until it was almost too late. What I didn’t understand was why his mom waited so long to let him know she knew he had it. It added another layer of hardness and uncaring to her character. This story has a redemptive side. This is an allegorical novel. It can be read by young and old, Christian and Non-Christian and be enjoyed by all. I read this as an e-book. This is a book I most definitely want to get for my classroom. I even know which student is going to get to check it out first. This is definitely an author that needs to be recommended more often. I look forward to reading and reviewing another of his books I have called “Tycho”. Go ahead and check him out. ( )
  skstiles612 | Jan 22, 2014 |
He will lead them unto living fountains of waters, and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. - Revelation 7:17
Among the native tribes of America, it has long been told that deep underground, in a cavern green as emerald at the heart of the world, that the blessed of God might find a fountain clear and cold, and that anyone who drank of that water might live far beyond his years, young and beautiful till the end, and that his dearest wish might come true.
Joy is what the whole world was made for.
Many times, he’d looked at those distant mountains and wished he could run away to some shining land where there were no tears and no miseries, where fathers never disappeared, and mothers never gave their children black eyes, and all things were forever bright and beautiful.
The strong of heart shall drink of Me; the life-giving Life, and the Beauty that makes beautiful.

Brian Stone’s life isn’t easy. Abandoned by his father, abused by his alcoholic mother, and mocked by his classmates, his only treasures are his beloved little brother and his old guitar. This is the tale of his journey to find the Fountain of Youth, and perhaps to save the world.

William Woodall is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,856,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible