Hot Ink by Ranae Rose

3.5 stars -I bought this book after reading the excerpt on the authors page, which I really liked and I am glad that I read it. The build up and passion between Eric and Mina was great, the photo shoot scene being my favourite. I did enjoy this book but it was just too short. I wished this book could have delved deeper into both characters. I didn't know Eric that well and would have loved to hear a few of his thoughts as well. I just felt that I couldn't loose myself in it because we were just skimming the surface and I felt there was just so much more to tell. ( )
  Artfullee | Apr 8, 2014 |
Mina is the sole guardian of her younger, wheelchair bound sister. Eric is the man inking a masterpiece on Mina's side. Eric tries to ask Mina out, but she is busy with work and her sister. She is sure that after running out on him once, he won't be back again. Fate has other plans. Fate and Mina's best friend. Mina and Eric are posed together for a photo shoot of their tattoos. It get's intimate and Eric takes his second chance to ask Mina out.

What I liked was that Ranae Rose took everyday life and turned it into a wonderful story. Mina works, cares for her sister, has a lot of responsibility. That could make for a dull book, but Ranae Rose is good at her craft. Mina and Eric were more real than some characters you read. Mina was easy to relate to. I could understand the feelings she was having and why. Eric was an all around good guy. He wasn't a knight in shining armor or hero to save the day. He was an ordinary, attractive, nice guy. He also has an awesome tattoo of a dragon. Yeow!

Read more reviews at despoinapersephone.blogspot.com ( )
  SephOfErebus | May 20, 2013 |

At just twenty-four years old, Mina is mother, sister and best friend to her wheelchair-bound sister. Mina works as a bank teller; a job she doesn't really like, but it pays the bills. Her love life isn't all that exciting either. She can't be bothered especially when men realize that her first priority is and always will be her sister. That's not to say that Mina is totally unaffected by sexy men, and there is one in particular, her tattoo artist Eric. After a failed non-date, Mina thinks she's lost her chance with him. When her best friend asks her to model her recently acquired tattoos for a photo shoot, she reluctantly agrees. The impromptu job is going well until Eric shows up, and she gets talked into posing with him for some really sexy pictures. Their chemistry is undeniable, but he'll just run like the other men once they find out that she and her sister are a package deal. Or will he?

I LOVED this story! The author managed to pack in a lot of (com)passion and a little drama in this short story, but it never felt rushed. The budding relationship between the hero and heroine felt believable. There was a lot of great sexual tension that got released in increments as the story unfolded, and I didn't get the impression that waiting for the sex to happen was the main focus. It was one of those "it will happen when they're ready" moments.

Mina was a great character and very down to earth. I admired her for her sacrifices and for her relationship with her little sister. She's fiercely loyal and protective, but underneath it all, she bears the burden of their mother's actions in the past. That burden leads to her making assumptions about Eric, and he has his work cut out for him to make her see that he's not a bad guy. Eric was pretty much perfect in my eyes. He showed Mina that she was desirable and entitled to happiness while raising a teenager. Simply put, he brought stability to Mina's chaos.

If you're looking for a feel good, short, romantic read with little drama, lots of ink, steamy make-out sessions and one zinger of a love scene, then you'll want to read this.

My thanks to the author for sending me a copy of her book in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  MsRomanticReads | Apr 12, 2013 |

Mina never meant to fall for her sexy tattoo artist, Eric, or to become a model. But when she's asked to pose in a photo shoot for the Hot Ink tattoo studio, she can't say no. She finally gets a look at Eric's tattoos when they're cajoled into posing together, and in a few breathtaking moments, an on-camera kiss turns the passion they're asked to fake into something very real, leaving them both wanting more. The only problem is that Mina's not the glamour girl she looks like on the Hot Ink posters, or even in a tattoo magazine. She's only twenty-four, but being the sole guardian of her disabled younger sister has left her feeling much older. Will Eric still be interested when he gets to know the girl behind the ink and the make-up and finds out that she and her little sister are a package deal? Hot Ink is an erotic contemporary romance (adult readers only).… (more)

Ranae Rose is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,679,297 books! | Top bar: Always visible