Jack in a Box by Diane Capri

Jack in a Box

by Diane Capri

Title: Jack in A Box (The Hunt for Reacher Series #2 A Short Story)
Author: Diane Capri
Pages: 100
Year: 2014
Publisher: AugustBooks
My rating is 4 out of 5 stars.
Some readers may be tempted to pass up short stories or novellas in a series, but in this case I sure hope readers don’t. Diane Capri shares tidbits of information that come into play with the main character of Jack Reacher. FBI Special agents Otto and Gaspar continue their assignment to build a file and locate Jack Reacher as he is suspected of crimes.
Yet, here when both Otto and Gaspar attempt to do some digging into Reacher’s past to find information, they come up with less than stellar success. Readers will also get keen insight into the lives of both special agents and more mystery as to who assigned them the task and why. A quick and enjoyable look into the lives of the agents and their assignment. ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Feb 2, 2017 |
An odd short story in that it felt more like a "deleted scene" from the author's first book in the Hunt for Jack Reacher series. And it wasn't clear if this story was supposed to come before or after the events in that first book. ( )
  MSWallack | Apr 22, 2013 |
JACK IN A BOX was the first short story in the The Hunt for Reacher series. First off I have to say this was a very quick read. However, I was a little confused as I read DON'T KNOW JACK first thinking this was the first in the series of books. I wasn't expecting a short story. I was expecting another full length novel. Now had a investigated a little on the author's website I might have read the short stories first and then did the full length novel. I enjoyed it for what it was a short story. It was an entertaining read.

Rating: 3

Reviewed by: KellyR,My Book Addiction Reviews ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Feb 4, 2013 |

FBI Special Agents Kim Otto and Carlos Gaspar have received a special off-the-books assignment: build a secret file on Jack Reacher. In this short story, Otto and Gaspar reveal a bit of themselves as they make every effort to put Jack in a Box using legal means John Grisham fans admire. Lee Child and Jack Reacher fans know that no one boxes with Jack and lives to tell about it. Will Otto and Gaspar be the first to succeed where so many have failed?… (more)

Diane Capri is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,619,157 books! | Top bar: Always visible