Fate by L R Fredericks
711,138,814 (3.1)None

Oh what to say? I loved it... It wasn't the amazing shock I got while reading Farundell, this time I knew what to expect and welcomed it with open arms of familiar recognition, but it still turned things upside down. What a life!
Now I want more, of course... from 24 onwards, Paul and Francis and Alice and Theo... ( )
  ScarletBea | Apr 3, 2013 |

FATE is the story of Lord Francis Damory's quest for the elixir of immortality. Set against the magnificent background of the eighteenth century where science and magic, death and beauty meet in the gilded salons of the decadent nobility and the brothels and debtors' prisons of London, Francis tells of his many love affairs and his deadly duels, his encounters with courtesans and castrati, alchemists and anatomists, Rosicrucians, visionaries, monsters, charlatans, spies and assassins. His travels take him through France, across the Alpine passes to Venice and the pirate-infested Mediterranean Sea to Egypt, Cyprus and distant, exotic Constantinople on the trail of his mysterious ancestor Tobias who might - just possibly - still be alive.

This is the story of Lord Francis Damory's quest for the elixir of immortality. Francis tells of his many love affairs and his deadly duels, his encounters with courtesans and castrati, alchemists and anatomists, Rosicrucians, visionaries, monsters, charlatans, spies and assassins.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,305,310 books! | Top bar: Always visible