The Gay Man's Guide to Timeless Manners and…

The Gay Man's Guide to Timeless Manners and Proper Etiquette

by Corey Rosenberg

113,689,591NoneNone
Recently added byelisa.rolle

This was one of the funniest book I have read this past year. I’m pretty sure this was the intent of the author, since such light mood cannot be a coincidence. Do you want some example? Here are some of the advices the author gives to the Proper Gay Man of the future:

“A proper young man always buys the second round for the person who bought him the first one. The same idea is generally true when it comes to orgasms.”

“A polite gay man would never break the heart of an innocent person as a way of boosting his own self esteem while also seeking out revenge on an ex-boyfriend who broke his heart. Instead, he shops, works out at the gym, eats ice cream, bitches to girlfriends, smokes, colors his hairs, reorganizes his closet, and cries in the shower, if necessary.”

“Before he makes the important decision to get his first puppy, a responsible gay man has kept an exotic plant or tree alive and healthy for at least six months. He is not impulsive because he knows that having a puppy in his life is a major responsibility.”

While reading this book I was imagining the author to be a sophisticated and “agè” gay man who was bestowing his experience among the youngest. Imagine my surprise when I arrived to the “About the Author” section at the end of the book and discovered Corey Rosenberg is, according to the little hints, in his thirties. Sure he is from a probably wealthy family, he went to boarding schools, and he spent time in Europe, so, well, he did everything we imagined wealthy gay boys did in the 20s and 30s, only that, he moved all of this in the contemporary ages. Even more this book is fascinating, since now, the advices Corey Rosenberg is giving, can really be put at work by his same age gay boys who want to better themselves and the society they are living in.

The advice are simple and good, nothing impossible to achieve if you have perseverance and predispotion. True, some of them were new to me, like the fact a guest has to wash and dry the dishes if the host cooked the meal… that is something I would have never allowed myself, a guest is a guest to my eyes, but well, I’m probably not a proper lady ;-)

In any case, this is a book I recommend to everyone, from who wants to learn to who wants simply to spend some hours with a smile on their face.

elisa.rolle | May 30, 2012 |

A lively, witty, and notable collection of advice, facts, opinions, and tips on how to be a proper gay man.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:33 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,801,258 books! | Top bar: Always visible