The Berenstain Bears’ New Baby by Stan…

In my opinion this a great book, especially for readers who are or are becoming big siblings. I liked this book because even though the characters are bears they are very believable. They do and say things that every normal human would. For example, they talk just like humans saying stuff like "Being a big brother is going to be fun." Dialogue makes the characters seem more real and will help the readers to relate to it more. Another thing I really liked about this book is that it really broadens their perspective. Most kids know that their mom and dad can have babies, but do they know that animals have babies too? On the first page of the book it says "Down a sunny dirt road, over a long bridge, up a grassy hill, deep in Bear Country, lived a family of bears- Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Small Bear." This will show the readers that not only do we have families, but animals such as bears have families too. Overall, the message of this book was too show the readers that growing up isn't so bad because you might get a new baby brother or sister. ( )
  mlambe12 | Sep 28, 2016 |
papa bear, momma bear, and brother bear are getting a new baby. papa bear and brother bear go into the woods to make a new bed for brother bear because he is getting too big and they have a new baby coming. the new baby comes and she is loved by her family.
3 books
  TUCC | Aug 26, 2016 |
This book is a great way to show how little kids feel about having a new sibling. ( )
  MexiGal | Jun 28, 2016 |
Series- 1st grade. This is part of my series to use in 1st grade. This one is about Mama bringing home a brand new baby.
  RachelHollingsworth | Feb 27, 2015 |
The Berenstain Bears are about to have a new baby. The brother bear needs a new bed because he has out grown it and make room for the new baby to have a place to sleep. While the dad and brother were out making the new bed. The mama had a baby girl. Brother bear was excited about being a brother and had to adjust to it.
I personal liked this book because I am having a baby soon and going through the same adjustment myself with my three year old.
In the classroom you can have baby's and teach the kids how to care for them at their age level.
  b.duggins13 | Feb 12, 2015 |

Stan Berenstainprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Berenstain, Janmain authorall editionsconfirmed
This way to Bear Country
You’ll know when you’re there
As soon as you enter
You’ll feel like a bear
Down a sunny dirt road, over a log bridge, up a grassy hill, deep in Bear Country, live a family of bears—Papa Bear, Mama Bear and Small Bear.

Illus. in full color. "This brightly illustrated story tells of a youngster's happy acceptance of a new addition to the family and how Mama and Papa Bear assist him with the adjustment."--Booklist.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:31 -0400)

Small Bear outgrows the bed his father made him when he was a baby--and none too soon.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,748,922 books! | Top bar: Always visible