The Berenstain Bears’ New Baby by Stan…
Recently added byTUCC, Carrie2, private library, stwenctest, cecejess, iles, apelser, matthewjeyer, Lowloh18

papa bear, momma bear, and brother bear are getting a new baby. papa bear and brother bear go into the woods to make a new bed for brother bear because he is getting too big and they have a new baby coming. the new baby comes and she is loved by her family.
3 books
  TUCC | Aug 26, 2016 |
This book is a great way to show how little kids feel about having a new sibling. ( )
  MexiGal | Jun 28, 2016 |
Series- 1st grade. This is part of my series to use in 1st grade. This one is about Mama bringing home a brand new baby.
  RachelHollingsworth | Feb 27, 2015 |
The Berenstain Bears are about to have a new baby. The brother bear needs a new bed because he has out grown it and make room for the new baby to have a place to sleep. While the dad and brother were out making the new bed. The mama had a baby girl. Brother bear was excited about being a brother and had to adjust to it.
I personal liked this book because I am having a baby soon and going through the same adjustment myself with my three year old.
In the classroom you can have baby's and teach the kids how to care for them at their age level.
  b.duggins13 | Feb 12, 2015 |
I had conflicting feelings about this book because although it is not one of the best books I have read, I feel that it serves a specific purpose and addresses a complex situation in a gentle and positive manner. The language used in this story is easy to understand for young readers, but I too had fun reading it from the perspective of an adult. In fact, I enjoyed the way the authors simplified the challenging topic of inviting a new baby into a home with another child. The detailed, colorful illustrations are perhaps the most powerful characteristic of this book, as they not only coincide with the story, but they also enhance the story dramatically. For example, the story refers to all the interesting activities for a young bear to do in Bear Country, but there are no examples of these activities in the text. Instead, the pictures show the small bear snorkeling, fishing, looking at a spider, flying a kite, etc. Without the illustrations, I feel the story would be uninteresting. The big idea of this story is that children can welcome a new addition to the family, especially with support of the parents. ( )
  kbrash1 | Feb 27, 2014 |

Stan Berenstainprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Berenstain, Janmain authorall editionsconfirmed
This way to Bear Country
You’ll know when you’re there
As soon as you enter
You’ll feel like a bear
Down a sunny dirt road, over a log bridge, up a grassy hill, deep in Bear Country, live a family of bears—Papa Bear, Mama Bear and Small Bear.

Illus. in full color. "This brightly illustrated story tells of a youngster's happy acceptance of a new addition to the family and how Mama and Papa Bear assist him with the adjustment."--Booklist.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:31 -0400)

Small Bear outgrows the bed his father made him when he was a baby--and none too soon.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,509,189 books! | Top bar: Always visible