Aerenden: The Child Returns by Kristen Taber

Aerenden: The Child Returns

by Kristen Taber

293378,207 (4)None

Once this world gets fleshed out, Aerenden is a story that keeps you interested. The transition from Earth to this other world, though, left a lot to be desired. I also dislike the complete dependence of the female lead on the male lead, but I've always preferred strong women in my books. ( )
  larissaleescribbles | Aug 5, 2017 |
I received this book – AEREDEN – The child returns (AERENDEN # 1) from the author in exchange for my honest review.

I don't read a lot of fantasy books but reading the synopsis, I was intrigued.

The story starts on earth with Meaghan, Nick and her parents. She has a normal life, going to college but then a tragedy happens and Nick explains to her that they have to go back to her real home called AEREDEN.

As they get there, she discovers more about her past, the magic, powers and danger that lives through AEREDEN. She also gets the reason why she was sent on earth, the reason why she's back and what her future holds.

All the characters, the main and the supporting ones we're well described. There are many but not too much that you feel lost. The author did an excellent job with narrating the book that you felt like you were right there. The emotions of the characters, the places they went, the land so well described.

I felt that the twist were so well placed in the book that it made me want to read one more chapter and it happened quite a few times.

To my surprise, I truly enjoyed this book. It was a great Fantasy YA book.

It was my first book written by an indie author and I was impressed. I give this book a 4 stars!

There's a book # 2 and I will definitely will read it!
  dom76 | Dec 31, 2014 |
This is a story that takes place on 2 worlds. Worlds that are the same but different. Sometimes I wondered about the heroin crying all the time, but then the book pointed out all the running fighting, changes in her life, all the major decisions that she had to make and were made for her, had taken place in a week. I think I would have curled up in a ball and just let the world go by. I like action, don't like slow books. The action on this book starts in the prologue and ends on the last page. ( )
  MaryAlice411 | May 27, 2014 |

Kristen Taber is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,142,473 books! | Top bar: Always visible