My Monster Burrufu by Alberto Corral

My Monster Burrufu

by Alberto Corral

Other authors: Alessandra Sorrentino (Illustrator)

Title: My Monster Burrufu
Author: Alberto Corral
Publisher: Petite Grande Idee'
Ages: 6+
Rating: 5

Review: This book is absolutely wonderful! Alberto Corral has found the perfect way to teach young children about the horrors of prejudice in a way that is sensitive to the very young while using wonder and clarity of youthful imagination.

"My Monster Burrufu" is the perfect book for ages 6 and up, as it melds a wonderful story with a lesson that will stay with them forever. I highly recommend this book to every one not just children alone. ( )
  RavenswoodPublishing | Nov 19, 2012 |
I absolutely loved this book. I had planned on reading it and sending it to a teacher for her classroom. She is trying to build up a classroom library. I have held onto the book for quite a while. I’ve re-read it three times.

Olivia has so much love in her heart. When she discovers a monster living in her attic she decides to make him her friend. He is too busy writing books to be her friend. She keeps visiting him until she wins him over. Now all she has to do is convince the world that he is okay.

What wonderful lessons about learning about those who are different than yourself. The illustrations were wonderful. I think this would
make a wonderful children’s movie. I highly recommend this parents and children every where. ( )
  skstiles612 | May 30, 2012 |

Alberto Corralprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sorrentino, AlessandraIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 061545934X, Paperback)

Seven-year-old Olivia has just moved to a new house — the same house where a lonely monster named Burrufu lives hidden in a secret attic. One night, unable to resist the smell of delicious cookies, Burrufu sneaks out and is discovered by Olivia. The two soon learn that you can find friendship in the most unexpected places. 'My Monster Burrufu' is a story of overcoming fear, a curse, and a most unusual monster who learns from a little girl how to trust his heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:02 -0400)

Alberto Corral is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,550,053 books! | Top bar: Always visible