The Master's Reliquary, Book One: The…

The Master's Reliquary, Book One: The Man of Signs

by Jim Dameron

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byRebeccaGraf

No tags.

You don’t generally find a good historical Christian fiction book. When I do, I make a note of that author and begin to read more of their work. I just finished The Master’s Reliquary Book One: The Man of Signs by Jim Dameron. It is one I’ll be reading the sequel to.

The time period is the 5th century. Scotland and Ireland aren’t getting along too well. One man bridges the gap to share the Gospel and unite man. With a reliquary that was built by Jesus Himself, Brother Brude returns to the land of his ancestors to find resistance and acceptance. He becomes caught in the middle of man’s pride and desire for war as he learns more about himself and his relationship with God.

One of the things I really loved about this book was how non one dimensional it was. This is not just a story of Brother Brude. It is the story of the people around him and of two cultures. You find interesting characters that exist in Brude’s world with their own stories that evolve as the pages are turned.

Is this an action packed story? No. Is this a romance? No, though you get to witness the blossoming of love between characters as well as deep friendships.

Another aspect of the book that really tugged at me was the work of God’s Word. Reading how the Brothers witnessed to those around them and lived what they preached made me stop and think of my own spiritual life.

This is a story of history, culture, spiritual journeys, the power of God, the miracles God can bring to everyday life, love, friendship, forgiveness, regret, and so much more.

A great read that you need to check out.

Note: This book was provided by the publisher without expectation of a positive review. ( )
  RebeccaGraf | May 31, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,167,056 books! | Top bar: Always visible