Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who…

Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who Assimilation², Volume 1

by Scott Tipton, Tony Lee (Author), David Tipton (Author), J. K. Woodward (Illustrator)

I'm not a religious man but now I will be praying nightly to the crocodile headed god Sobek that this gets turned into a movie. I usually like my sci-fi to be fairly pure but this crossover title turned me into an instant fan-boy. I'm a huge fan of both properties and I think that they held up well when mixed together, especially considering the vastly different internal psyches of DW and ST:TNG (the chaos of the former vs the order of the latter). There are some problems with it, notably the need for alternate universes to house characters that are both connected to a recognizable planet earth in the same historical timeline, but the issues are mere quibbles when compared to the awesome idea of Star Trek and Doctor Who sharing the same page! Yes, that IS the TARDIS on the holodeck! OM, and very much, G. ( )
  MartynChuzz | Feb 22, 2016 |
What would happen if The Doctor consoled The Enterprise's Captain Picard on negotiating with the evil Borg ? The Captain has had enough of them, there is no trust between the races. He may have to learn to trust them they may be the only source of help in dealing with a threat the Cybermen. Things don't go easy, as they never do for the Doctor or the Enterprise. The Captain gets to know the Tardis, and takes a trip into the future.
It amazed me how easily how these two very different character worlds fit together as if they have always been. I really liked the mixing of the worlds and hope to see more of it. Nice graphics and a well written storyline.
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Great ideas, bad execution. The art is remarkable, the storytelling not so much. This idea does not live up to its potential, sadly. ( )
  JorgeCarvajal | Feb 13, 2015 |
The Doctor, Amy and Rory somehow end up on the Enterprise, where they team up with Picard and his crew to fight a combined force of the Cybermen and the Borg. I liked the Tardis team's arrival on the Enterprise -- they hit the holodeck while one of Picard's San Francisco 40s noir adventures is in progress -- and I also liked the interlude. I wasn't crazy about the artwork though. The characters were drawn very realistically, but at the same time they were smeared and blurred, as if I were watching the proceedings through frosted glass, or as if I needed spectacles. The interlude is drawn more in the style of a traditional comic book, which I liked better. But the story was sufficiently interesting to have me request Vol. 2 from the library. ( )
  rabbitprincess | Oct 18, 2014 |
What a blast! Nerd Nirvana! Capt. Pickard, Dr. Who and even a cameo appearance by Capt. Kirk and his crew battling a new alliance between the Cybermen and the Borg. Who would have thought that the Borg could be so easily disposed of or would agree to team up with the Federation? I enjoyed the first two of the series but alas, my library does not offer the rest of the series. Make sure you have the whole series available before you start. ( )
  mamzel | Nov 17, 2013 |

Scott Tiptonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lee, TonyAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Tipton, DavidAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Woodward, J. K.Illustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Purcell, GordonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sharp Bros., TheIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The two greatest science-fiction properties of all time cross over for the first time in history! When the Federation's most terrifying enemy strikes an unholy alliance with one of the Doctor's most hated antagonists, the result is devastation on a cosmic scale! Spanning the ends of space and time itself, Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise find themselves joining forces with the time-traveling Doctor and his companions, with the fate of the galaxy hanging in the balance!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,609,944 books! | Top bar: Always visible