Capital Girls by Ella Monroe

Capital Girls

by Ella Monroe

191537,190 (2)None

What can I say about this book…

I did not like this book one bit. I had to force myself to read /finish. I have a daughter who is an avid reader and I would not even let her come close to reading this book. In the first 3 chapters I knew I would not allow her. I don’t think this is a very appropriate book for YA. The content of this book is worse than some adult books. This book made getting high, drinking and casual hook-up with strange men fun and a way to escape the pressure of being under the media and parents. I really disliked that the parents used their kids and friends to better themselves in their jobs or media. This was not a book for me and I won't be continuing on with this series. ( )
  Caj828 | Apr 1, 2013 |

Jackie Whitman, Washington DC’s “It Girl.” She’s drop-dead gorgeous, brilliant and dating the President’s son. Under 24/7 media scrutiny, she never makes a mistake…but there’s a new guy on the scene with all the right moves. Suddenly, being bad has never looked so good.

Taylor Cane, blonde bombshell and wild child extraordinaire. She’s the leader of the pack and the glue that binds the four of them together. Reckless adventure is her specialty, flirting with danger her drug of choice, no matter the consequences.

Lettie Velasquez, she’s all brains and blind ambition. Her goal: Princeton. Though money and privilege elude her, she’s counting on hard work to pay off one of these days. So long as her heart doesn’t lead her astray.

Laura Beth Ballou, poor little rich girl and a real southern belle. She dreams of Julliard and the bright lights of Broadway. She’s sweet as pie…until the new girl in town starts messing with her friends.

Capital Girls forever…But when one of them dies in a mysterious accident, their once impenetrable bond is shaken. And as secrets long kept rise to the surface, the future of their friendship hangs in the balance. One thing’s for certain, though: Washington DC will never be the same again.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:47 -0400)

Washington, D.C., best friends Jackie, Lettie, and Laura Beth, the daughters of very powerful parents, struggle to cope with the death of a fourth friend, Taylor, in a mysterious accident as long-kept secrets and new students in their senior class test their bond.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible