The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body…

The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body (original 1989; edition 1990)

by Joanna Cole, Bruce Degen (Illustrator)

Title:The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body
Authors:Joanna Cole
Other authors:Bruce Degen (Illustrator)
Info:Scholastic Press (1990), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 40 pages
Tags:informational, magic school bus series

The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body by Joanna Cole (1989)

I've always enjoyed the Magic School Bus series of stories since I was young. It allowed me to enter places I otherwise would never have gone. Inside the Human Body is no exception. In this story the children take a trip inside Arnold's body. The illustrations of what is going on are great. They show all the major body parts and functions, but also show the most minor details of the inside of a human body. The way that Joanna Cole can get such factual information to young students while also keeping their attention and entertaining them is amazing. You never once feel like the story is dragging on. There is always action and it creates a great story. ( )
  dschae7 | Oct 20, 2016 |
very in-depth discussion of the human body. deep introduction to different aspects of the body (blood, brain, stomach)
1 book
  TUCC | Oct 10, 2016 |
I really enjoyed reading this book. I enjoyed this book for two main reasons. One reason was I really enjoyed the adventurous plot that Cole includes in most of her Magic School Bus books. The author is writing to teach readers about the human body, but does it in a way that is very fun and exciting for readers. For example, the students are able to shrink down and go inside the body of one of their classmates in order to learn about the body. Another reason I like this book is because of its illustrations. Each page was covered fully with not only illustrations of the human body, but side captions and information sheets. Throughout the book when they were learning a different part of the human body, the author created side bars with extra information about that topic. These were written on note paper and looked like a child's notes. Young readers can relate to the notes that students take in school. The main idea of this book was to explain the parts of the human body that work together to create a living person. ( )
  tthomp19 | Oct 6, 2016 |
This book is chalked full of examples, visuals, and information regarding the human body. IN this book we read about the students taking a trip on The Magic School Bus to the inside of the human body. This would be a great book to use in parts as you discussed the different systems and their functions in the body. At times this series can appear overwhelming to the reader, however, I believe that it could be spaced out appropriately for student's needs and learning. ( )
  Ebarclift13 | Sep 16, 2016 |
A good book that is both fun and educational. I loved going on trips with Ms. Frizzle ^.^ ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |

Joanna Coleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Degen, BruceIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Craig from Joanna and Bruce
It all began when Ms. Frizzle showed our class a filmstrip about the human body.

To celebrate its 20th anniversary, Scholastic is re-releasing the ten original Magic School Bus titles in paperback. With updated scientific information, the bestselling science series ever is back!

Arnold has swallowed the Magic School Bus! Now, instead of seeing an exhibit of the human body at a museum, the class is taking a look at Arnold's stomach, his intestines, his bloodstream, and more from the inside on this heart-stopping fieldtrip - one the reluctant Arnold would be happy to miss.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:13 -0400)

A special field trip on the magic school bus allows Ms. Frizzle's class to get a first-hand look at major parts of the body and how they work.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,696,204 books! | Top bar: Always visible