The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body…

The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body (original 1989; edition 1990)

by Joanna Cole, Bruce Degen (Illustrator)

Member:annajamieson
Title:The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body
Authors:Joanna Cole
Other authors:Bruce Degen (Illustrator)
Info:Scholastic Press (1990), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 40 pages
Tags:informational, magic school bus series

The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body by Joanna Cole (1989)

This book shows children how food can turn into energy it’s a good way to show children what is good and what is bad to eat. Children love and can relate to the teacher. It has good realistic pictures while the words flow great together.
  Samantha_Orawiec | Feb 15, 2015 |
This whole collection is a household favorite. Our 7 year-old son really enjoys the books & DVD's! Fun way of presenting a lot of scientific information for young kids. Miss Frizzle is always wearing a wild outfit to go along with their wild adventures in the magical school bus that can somehow transform into about anything. This ride was through the human body, Arnold's, to be a little more specific. Gotta look out for what might be eaten along with the bag of "Cheezy Weezies"! A fun book for a science and/or health class:) ( )
  shane54 | Feb 12, 2015 |
The book, “The Magic School Bus: Inside the Human Body”, was my favorite book in the entire series. I have read this book countless times! This book is very informational but I never found it to be overwhelming. I enjoyed reading this book for many reasons. I loved how the characters within the book have speech bubbles and thinking bubbles to show what the person is saying or thinking. An example of this is seen on a page with Ms. Frizzle and Arnold. Ms. Frizzle is saying to Arnold, “Your cells need energy to help you grow, move, talk, think, and play.” Arnold has a thinking bubble that states, “Just being in Ms. Frizzle’s class takes all my energy.” I found these text features to be very helpful. The next reason I enjoyed reading this book is because of the wonderful, detailed pictures. The illustrator creates detailed pictures by using a pen and watercolors. For example, on one page, the author describes what the hearts does and the illustrator creates what anatomically correct heart looks like. The illustrator uses arrows to help convey which way the blood is flowing and into which chamber the blood flows through. I found the arrows to be beneficial to the reader because the images make the text easier to understand. The main idea of this story is to inform readers of the many important responsibilities the body and organs have to support life. ( )
  vharsh1 | Dec 3, 2014 |
This book is about Ms. Frizzle taking her class to a museum about the body. Along the way they stopped to eat. When they got back on the buss, it shrinks and goes inside one of the students who was left behind. They take a journey through his body to find their way out. They finally leave through his nose.
  astinchavez | Nov 7, 2014 |
This book is about how Mrs. Frizzel takes her class on an interesting field trip. She took them through the human body on a school bus! The kids were not sure whAT TO THINK AT FIRST, BUT ENDED UP HAVING A WILD AND FUN TIMKE. IN THE END THE KIDS MADE A MODEL OF WHAT THE HUMAN BODY LOOKS LIKE AND HOW IT WORKS.

Personal Reaction:

I love these books because they are so fun and adventurous. I think they are a great educational read for kids because it easily keeps their attention.

Extensions:
1. I could use this book with my class when learning about the body.
2. I could have them draw them draw something out of the book they thought was interesting and have them tell what they learned to the class.
  kristendickerson | Apr 7, 2014 |

Joanna Coleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Degen, BruceIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Craig from Joanna and Bruce
It all began when Ms. Frizzle showed our class a filmstrip about the human body.

To celebrate its 20th anniversary, Scholastic is re-releasing the ten original Magic School Bus titles in paperback. With updated scientific information, the bestselling science series ever is back!

Arnold has swallowed the Magic School Bus! Now, instead of seeing an exhibit of the human body at a museum, the class is taking a look at Arnold's stomach, his intestines, his bloodstream, and more from the inside on this heart-stopping fieldtrip - one the reluctant Arnold would be happy to miss.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:13 -0400)

A special field trip on the magic school bus allows Ms. Frizzle's class to get a first-hand look at major parts of the body and how they work.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,146,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible