The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body…

The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body (original 1989; edition 1990)

by Joanna Cole, Bruce Degen (Illustrator)

Member:Jenergy82
Title:The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body
Authors:Joanna Cole
Other authors:Bruce Degen (Illustrator)
Info:Scholastic Press (1990), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 40 pages
Collections:Miss McNeil's shelf
Tags:anatomy

The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body by Joanna Cole (1989)

I liked this book because it informs students about what happens to the food they eat after they've eaten it. In the book, Ms. Frizzle's class was learning about how bodies get energy from the food they eat. The next day the class went on a field trip to see an exhibit about what they'd been learning about, but they stopped for a picnic lunch first. When it was time to go, Arnold was day dreaming, so Ms. Frizzle and the rest of the class hopped in the bus, shrunk into tiny people, and went to explore the inside of Arnold's body. They learned all about the small and large intestines, red and white blood cells, the four chambers of the hear, the brain, and so much more. I really liked the extra textural in this book. On the sides of the pages there are notebook pages with extra facts about what is being discussed in the plot. For example, on the page talking about red blood cells, there is a notebook page titled, "What is Blood For? by Ralph." On the page are reason why blood is important and what is does for you body. I also really liked the illustrations in this book. The details in the pictures of the lungs show all of the veins in the lungs and have arrows that show the direction of the blood flow of blood through the veins. The main idea of this book is to inform children about how their food is digested and what goes on in their body. ( )
  ejones35 | Nov 28, 2016 |
I am such a nerd and absolutely love learning about the human body, so this book is amazing. It would be a great way to have fun during a science lesson learning about the body, and I believe there is also a fun tv episode that the class could watch after reading the book. ( )
  Kathryn_Anne | Nov 4, 2016 |
I've always enjoyed the Magic School Bus series of stories since I was young. It allowed me to enter places I otherwise would never have gone. Inside the Human Body is no exception. In this story the children take a trip inside Arnold's body. The illustrations of what is going on are great. They show all the major body parts and functions, but also show the most minor details of the inside of a human body. The way that Joanna Cole can get such factual information to young students while also keeping their attention and entertaining them is amazing. You never once feel like the story is dragging on. There is always action and it creates a great story. ( )
  dschae7 | Oct 20, 2016 |
very in-depth discussion of the human body. deep introduction to different aspects of the body (blood, brain, stomach)
1 book
  TUCC | Oct 10, 2016 |
I really enjoyed reading this book. I enjoyed this book for two main reasons. One reason was I really enjoyed the adventurous plot that Cole includes in most of her Magic School Bus books. The author is writing to teach readers about the human body, but does it in a way that is very fun and exciting for readers. For example, the students are able to shrink down and go inside the body of one of their classmates in order to learn about the body. Another reason I like this book is because of its illustrations. Each page was covered fully with not only illustrations of the human body, but side captions and information sheets. Throughout the book when they were learning a different part of the human body, the author created side bars with extra information about that topic. These were written on note paper and looked like a child's notes. Young readers can relate to the notes that students take in school. The main idea of this book was to explain the parts of the human body that work together to create a living person. ( )
  tthomp19 | Oct 6, 2016 |

Joanna Coleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Degen, BruceIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Craig from Joanna and Bruce
It all began when Ms. Frizzle showed our class a filmstrip about the human body.

To celebrate its 20th anniversary, Scholastic is re-releasing the ten original Magic School Bus titles in paperback. With updated scientific information, the bestselling science series ever is back!

Arnold has swallowed the Magic School Bus! Now, instead of seeing an exhibit of the human body at a museum, the class is taking a look at Arnold's stomach, his intestines, his bloodstream, and more from the inside on this heart-stopping fieldtrip - one the reluctant Arnold would be happy to miss.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:13 -0400)

A special field trip on the magic school bus allows Ms. Frizzle's class to get a first-hand look at major parts of the body and how they work.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,765,218 books! | Top bar: Always visible