The tunnels of Cu Chi: a remarkable story of…

The tunnels of Cu Chi: a remarkable story of war in Vietnam

by Tom Mangold

not so great writing, fascinating topic ( )
  aeceyton | Aug 18, 2017 |
I've had this book for a long time but I have finally gotten around to reading it and was quite impressed. It tells the story of the Cu Chi tunnels located near Saigon. Why they existed, how they were used and how they were defeated. What I particularly liked was that the story was told from the Communist and American sides and when it told that sides story it was 100% from their perspective. I also liked that it was a mixture of personal stories, tactics and techniques, a great read. ( )
  bookmarkaussie | Jun 25, 2017 |
Michael Connelly's first book "The Black Echo" is heavily inspired by the events described in this book.
  mtnmdjd | Jun 27, 2012 |
Have not read yet. This is another knock off book I bought in Ho Chi Minh City off a street kid.
  meegeekai | Feb 5, 2007 |
I bought my counterfeit copy on the streets of Sai Gon. After visitng the tunnels, the book holds even more importance. A good treatment. ( )
  mr_rhumba | Aug 18, 2006 |
For Sarah, Abigail, Jessica, and Lucian
- and all those still young enough to learn.

T.C.M.

For Eve.

J.V.G.P

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425089517, Mass Market Paperback)

The campaign in the tunnels of Cu Chi was fought with cunning and savagery between Viet Cong guerrillas and special teams of US infantrymen called 'Tunnel Rats'. The location: the 200-mile labyrinth of underground tunnels and secret chambers that the Viet Cong had dug around Saigon. The Tunnel Rats were GIs of legendary skill and courage. Armed only with knives and pistols, they fought hand-to-hand against a cruel and ingenious enemy inside the booby-trapped blackness of the tunnels. For the Viet Cong the tunnel network became their battlefield, their barracks, their arms factories and their hospitals, as the ground above was pounded to dust by American shells and bombs.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:21 -0400)

Armed only with knives and pistols, the Tunnel Rats were GIs of legendary courage and skill. This is the story of their extraordinary campaign in the Vietnam War - fought in a 200-mile labyrinth of underground tunnels and chambers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,120,035 books! | Top bar: Always visible