Hell On Wheels by Julie Ann Walker

Hell On Wheels (edition 2012)

by Julie Ann Walker

Member:thebookbabe
Title:Hell On Wheels
Authors:Julie Ann Walker
Info:Sourcebooks Casablanca (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:***
Tags:Contemporary, Black Knights Inc, e-book

Hell on Wheels by Julie Ann Walker (Author)

Recently added byprivate library, Lauren2013, kayfray, susanbeamon, Debbie97462, Kate.Good, Mommy.Reads.What

I'm really liking this series. I like the location, the background, the covert action that keeps our boys moving, the humor laced into the story, and the fancy motorcycles on the covers. They are fast reads, good for a lazy day with not much else that really needs to be done. This one, for all its heat, is a sweet romance at heart. This is also the first book in the series, but we still focus on the couple at the center of the story. ( )
  susanbeamon | Aug 2, 2014 |
Super start to the series. Tons of action hot tough guys and never a dull moment. ( )
  Debbie97462 | Jul 16, 2014 |
I had a hard time getting into this book at first. In the beginning it reminded me a lot of the Steele Street series. There are motorcycles instead of cars as the cover for the black ops group but it was also the way everyone had a "badger to woodchuck" code name. It suffers a little from first book in the series syndrome as well as there are a lot of characters introduced.

That comparison didn't last though I ended up enjoying it on its own merits. Given the start and the fact that there's a lot of humor in it I didn't expect the book to take such a dark turn. I certainly figured out Nate's big secret but it was disturbing to read about it even in a flashback. I also thought the author did a good job showing Ali to be a civilian in over her head. She didn't do anything dumb but one minute she'd be steady and then she'd learn or do something that would make her stomach turn. I appreciate it when it's not that easy for a civilian to just take part in these operations with little or no training.

The romance is good, if not overly steamy. Nate's history add a layer of pathos and angst to the typical best friend's little sister conflict. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
I really enjoyed this book. The characters seemed, real. Their personalities were ones you'd meet on the street. Ali was really funny and sweet, I definitely enjoyed reading about her and Nate. The rest of the guys were really cool. You could feel their pain and emotions, the writing was really evocative. ( )
  LaCello | Sep 21, 2013 |
Wow, loved it! The characters were great, the story was thrilling and I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read the next one! ( )
  Author_AndriaLarge | Sep 1, 2013 |
In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.

-- Jose Narosky
Prologue

Jacksonville, North Carolina
Outside the Morgan Household

THOSE SCREAMS...

Black Knights Inc. -- Behind the facade of their tricked-out motorcycle shop is an elite special ops team assigned the jobs too hot for anyone else to handle.

HOLD ON TIGHT...
Ex-Marine Nate "Ghost" Weller is an expert at keeping his cool -- and his distance -- which makes him one hell of a sniper. It's also how he keeps his feelings for Ali Morgan in check. Sweet, sexy Ali has always revved his engine, but she's his best friend's baby sister...and totally off limits.

ROUGH ROAD AHEAD
Ali's never seen anything sexier than Nate Weller straddling his custom Harley -- or the flash of danger in his eyes when she tells him she's in trouble. First something happened to her brother, and now she's become the target of a nasty international organization. With Nate, her life is in the most capable hands possible -- but her heart is another story altogether.

"Black Knights Inc. Behind the facade of their tricked-out motorcycle shop is an elite special ops team assigned the jobs too hot for anyone else to handle. Ex-Marine Nate "Ghost" Weller is an expert at keeping his cool - and his distance - which makes him one hell of a sniper. It's also how he keeps his feelings for Ali Morgan in check. Sweet, sexy Ali has always revved his engine, but she's his best friend's baby sister...and totally off limits. Ali's never seen anything sexier than Nate Weller straddling his custom Harley - or the flash of danger in his eyes when she tells him she's in trouble. First something happened to her brother, and now she's become the target of a nasty international organization. With Nate, her life is in the most capable hands possible - but her heart is another story altogether."--Back cover.… (more)

53 wanted1 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,281,806 books! | Top bar: Always visible