The Apricot Colonel by Marion Halligan

The Apricot Colonel

by Marion Halligan

Transferring the books on my spreadsheet to Goodreads - one thing I do remember though is that I hated the lack of punctuation - I gritted my teeth through the whole book!!!
  sally906 | Apr 3, 2013 |
I loved this one. It's a murder mystery set in Canberra, with recognisable places and people. It's always fun to feel part of things - Cliff Hardy's Sydney is another example.

There's humour, food, books, and a little romance. The writing style is gentle and charming; the plot is nicely complex without being too hard to follow. I picked a couple of twists, but there were still some some good surprises. I particularly enjoy the detail that many of the characters are non-standard sexually, and this is just ordinary and OK, not some big drama. ( )
  cajela | Jan 16, 2011 |
Fun to read but very forgetable. ( )
  michdubb | Oct 29, 2010 |
A good read with enough light tension to make the story interesting. Edgy prose. I like Marion Halligan's style.
[Pam] ( )
  pam.furney | Oct 15, 2007 |

AU Author. A beautiful man, and all she can do is tinker with his prose ... For Cassandra, an editor, books are easy. It's real life that's the challenge: it doesn't sit quietly and let itself be fixed. Right now Cassandra's life seems far too heavy on the suspense, while the romance is distinctly unconvincing. But that was before the murders started. And before she suspected that her own name was on the killer's hit list ... Murder, match-making and the dark arts of book editing.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,347,057 books! | Top bar: Always visible