The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to…

The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression (edition 2018)

by Becca Puglisi (Author)

Member:GeoffHabiger
Title:The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression
Authors:Becca Puglisi (Author)
Info:JADD Publishing (2018), 182 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:non-fiction, writing, on writing, thesaurus, emotions

The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide To Character Expression by Angela Ackerman

This is a wonderful resource for writers. I keep this book right next to my computer and routinely turn to it for insight and ideas when I am dealing with a character or scene. ( )
  GeoffHabiger | Jun 13, 2018 |
I got this book quite a while ago and never added it to my shelves because it's not really a book you read. It's a reference tool. Recently though I've found myself recommending it to other writers and I realized that I should really add a review of this on good reads.

So this is my review: get this book. If you are a writer, you should have this. I know what you're thinking, "Books about writing are usually so useless," and you'd be right. I've read enough of them to know that 99% of them are, in fact, useless. This is not one of those books. Stick this one next to The Writer's Journey and The Elements of Style. It's a keeper. ( )
  ForeverMasterless | Apr 23, 2017 |
I think that this is a good entry in a field that I have noticed that remained empty for a long time. Is this the birth of a new era for this category of books?
I keep a copy of this book open as I write.
  gitto | Nov 1, 2016 |
Highly recommended, excellent guide for creating believable body language in your characters! ( )
  Kayla.Krantz | Jun 18, 2016 |
Great writing reference! ( )
  Leticia.Toraci | Feb 10, 2016 |

Angela Ackermanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Puglisi, Beccamain authorall editionsconfirmed

Find 75 emotion entries that list body language, thoughts, and visceral responses for each, a breakdown of the biggest emotion-related writing problems and how to overcome them, body language and action cues that address both acute and suppressed forms of emotion, suggestions for each emotion that cover a range of intensity, from mild to extreme, 75 description tips on emotion, dialogue, characters, and setting.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,514,866 books! | Top bar: Always visible