Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson

Full Disclosure (edition 2012)

by Dee Henderson

Member:MandaT
Title:Full Disclosure
Authors:Dee Henderson
Info:Bethany House Publishers (2012), Edition: 1, Paperback, 480 pages
Rating:*****

Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Full Disclosure
Dee Henderson
Book Summary: Ann Silver is a cop's cop. As the Midwest Homicide Investigator, she is called in to help local law enforcement on the worst of cases, looking for answers to murder. Hers is one of the region's most trusted investigative positions. Paul Falcon is the FBI's top murder cop in the Midwest. If the victim carried a federal badge or had a security clearance, odds are good Paul and his team see the case file or work the murder. Their lives intersect when Ann arrives to pass a case off her desk and onto his. A car wreck and a suspicious death offer a lead on a hired shooter he is tracking. Paul isn't expecting to meet someone, the kind that goes on the personal side of the ledger, but Ann Silver has his attention.
The better he gets to know her, the more Paul realizes her job barely scratches the surface of who she is. She knows spies and soldiers and U.S. Marshals, and has written books about them. She is friends with the former Vice President. People with good reason to be cautious about who they let into their lives deeply trust her. Paul wonders just what secrets Ann is keeping, until she shows him the John Doe Killer case file, and he starts to realize just who this lady he is falling in love with really is...
Book Review: I found this book to be a page turner of a storyline. The most interesting part was the continual tie in to the O’Malley series and the tweaking done to the names and the story lines was very cleaver it really blurred the lines between real story and book. I turned pages quickly for 2/3rd of the book than it seemed to stall for a while. I like the individual characters overall and thought that Paul and his family were fun and would like to hear more. Ann started out great was fun and lively. Than it seemed as this relationship grew she changed into a flat, unapproachable character that never quite came back to fun and lively. The image of marriage she presented and how it continued was uncompromising and unloving. Paul was great only that he allowed Ann to dictate the terms and accepted it was very weak. I often thought as I read this book how much of this was real for Dee Henderson and how much was pure imagination.
The mystery of the lady shooter was great for the most part. She was a tremendous enigma and seemed larger than life at times. I was bothered that these agents allowed so much to slip through their fingers. That seemed less likely and they did not seem as determined to catch her. As the story ended I found so many things left unanswered. That was disappointing and I would still like to know so many things. It seemed that the story just ended rather than tying up things up. I saw the twist that was coming and had been waiting for it about 2/3rd of the way into the book. Yet that too was frustrating because many details were left behind. Despite all things I will continue to read almost any book Dee Henderson writes. I think her gift is with series. I would enjoy more of the Falcon Family.
I would like to thank Library Thing and Bethany House for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.
  Robin661 | Jun 13, 2014 |
I have waited a long time for Dee's new book, she made it well worth the wait.

Ann, is the author of the Omalley series that dee wrote years ago. It was a great new twist.

This was the story of Paul and Ann. Ann is a unique character - very focus driven and multi talented in. Any years. She meets Paul as she hands over a case to Paul. Paul decides to try and learn more about her, it is almost too crazy to think they have never met as many of Paul's friend are also Ann's. each friend offers a different description of her to give Paul a clearer understanding of Ann.

Love that the dog has a good role but wonder if God should of had a bigger role.
Still a few unanswered questions Burt nothing I can't live with or would stop me from suggestion isn't you read this book. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received “Full Disclosure” by Dee Henderson through the early release program. At first I found the story very hard to get into with it's many details, almost finding it boring at times due to the constant play by play details of the cases being solved. It wasn't until halfway through the book that I started to get pulled in by the cat and mouse game between agent Falcon and detective Ann Silver. Falcon's relentless search into the secrets of Ann's life felt a little creepy, controlling maybe. The mystery that unfolds throughout the book in between the romance that was developing between Ann and Paul kept the book interesting. There were many twists and turns in the plot and even until the end the true victim and the true perpetrator were hard to guess. Very complicated story but still a good read. ( )
  mookiekat | Oct 3, 2013 |
Author Cathy Lynn Bryant • 36 minutes ago Ann Silver is a homicide investigator who deals with the most difficult cases within the United States borders. Though she seems tough on the outside, we learn that she has a fragile side as well. A touching love story in which, from the start, we hope that our leading lady can overcome her secret past in order to love a man who desperately wants into her life. ( )
  CathyLynnBryant | Jul 23, 2013 |
I enjoy Dee Henderson's books and although this is not a thriller it does have mystery involving old cases of the FBI. The romance is different in that it is mostly from the point of view of the guy. Although there are a few chapter sections devoted to Ann, most have both in them or just Paul and how he slowly is learning about her, which adds to the mystery. ( )
  eliorajoy | Jun 7, 2013 |
This book was an ok Christian Fiction book. Paul Falcon is an FBI agent who has been working a case for years when Ann Silver walks into his life. She passes off a case to him and catches his attention. He determines to get to know her and both personally and professionally she surprises him at every turn.
Let me start off by saying I'm a hardcore Dee Henderson fan and absolutely couldn't wait for this book to come out. I enjoyed the twists the storyline took and the mystery underneath. The characters and their interactions were what I had issues with. This writing wasn't what I have come to expect after the O'Malley series and her other works. The romance really wasn't there either, it was more compatibility and determination. I will buy her next book, no matter what my feelings on this one, and just hope that old 'flare' comes back to her writing!!
This was a 3/5. Any Dee Henderson fan will want to read it but for me it just wasn't the same caliber as her other books.

Thank you to the author for the review copy of this book. I received this book in exchange for an honest review and the opinions stated above are 100% mine.

Dee Henderson Is Back!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:54 -0400)

A car wreck and a suspicious death offer a lead on a hired shooter FBI agent Paul Falcon is tracking. Midwest homicide investigator Ann Silver has his attention when she passes the case to him. Is he prepared for both the case's and her secrets?

167 wanted1 pay7 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,241,123 books! | Top bar: Always visible