Death of a Neighborhood Witch: A Jaine…

Death of a Neighborhood Witch: A Jaine Austen Mystery (Premier Mystery) (edition 2013)

by Laura Levine

Title:Death of a Neighborhood Witch: A Jaine Austen Mystery (Premier Mystery)
Authors:Laura Levine
Info:Center Point Pub (2013), Edition: Lrg, Hardcover, 500 pages
Tags:Halloween, "older" woman, Cats, Obnoxious Friends, Gullible Heroine, Mystery

Death of a Neighborhood Witch by Laura Levine

English (19)  Piratical (1)  All languages (20)
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It took me forever to start reading this, but once I did I finished it in no time. This was a cute story (if far-fetched) with fun characters. The cat is hysterical! I'm a big fan of twist endings and this did not disappoint. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a fun Halloween read. ( )
  bookymouse | Oct 25, 2015 |
This is the first time I didn't like Lance at all. I usually find him endearing, but in this book, he was always doing things behind her back to sabotage her. ( )
  annertan | Jul 31, 2014 |
Jainie Austin is very funny and I found myself laughing out loud while I was reading. A great fun read. ( )
  kresslya | Jul 27, 2014 |
Though the solution to this mystery was a rehash of the very first book, it upped its quality somewhat. I had a nasty surprise incoming when I read a ploy ripped off Desperate Housewives, of all sitcoms! God knows what else was lifted for this messy story. What was the point of no return was the transformation of Lance Venable, the heterosexually challenged neighbor of Jaine. He was insufferable. It was supposed to bring a cute but naughty touch to the fore. But the guy was like a villain twirling a comedic handlebar moustache. I'm quite let down, but I will continue reading these manageable, small packets of books if the author keeps churning them out. Even all things considered. ( )
  Jiraiya | Nov 5, 2013 |
Laura Levine has become my new favorite author! I received several strange looks from people in the break room at work when I laughed out loud over some silly thought or statement by Jaine.

The neighborhood witch-with a capital B-is murdered and Jaine is the only suspect. She decides (of course) to track down the killer (someone in an ape suit) before she winds up locked up. Along with snooping, she is also vying for the attention of her hot new neighbor. ( )
  wearylibrarian | Sep 22, 2013 |

When Cryptessa Muldoon, a Hollywood has-been who spends her days making enemies with everyone on the street, is found murdered on Halloween night, Jaine Austen, to prove her own innocence, must unmask a killer among a neighborhood filled with suspects.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Death of A Neighborhood Witch by Laura Levine was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,848,011 books! | Top bar: Always visible