Arctic Wargame: A Justin Hall novel by Ethan…

Arctic Wargame: A Justin Hall novel (edition 2012)

by Ethan Jones

Member:LMHTWB
Title:Arctic Wargame: A Justin Hall novel
Authors:Ethan Jones
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 334 pages
Collections:Your library, Fiction/Literature, ebooks
Tags:fiction, Canada, Russians, Denmark, arctic, MG, Kindle

Arctic Wargame by Ethan Jones

Tripoli's Target by Ethan Jones (Big_B99)
    Big_B99: The second book (after Arctic Wargame) in the Justin Hall series.

Canadian agent Justin Hall goes north with his team to invistigate the purpose for an unidentified icebreaker would be in the area of Canadian territorial waters. What they stumble upon is an invasion of their territory by a foreign nation. They are betrayed by one of thier own team members, left on the ice to die only to be rescued by American forces. They must get back to Canada and try to set up a defense to meet the upcoming invasion.

It is a fast pace novel with the twists in the story to keep one reading to see what happens next. This is the first of the Justin Hall novels and I look forward to reading more. ( )
  qstewart | Feb 20, 2017 |
Arctic Wargame (Justin Hall #1) by Ethan Jones is the first Justin Hall and Carrie book. I have read so many of them that I finally got around to reading the first one. I was not disappointed with it either. It has the same action packed, adventure, suspense, espionage, and intrigue that the other ones have. I love these books and I have never been a spy novel reader. These are agents from Canada, and I like our neighbors. lol. It is always a great plot with surprises and twists. The characters are well developed. I enjoy these books tremendously. ( )
  MontzaleeW | Sep 20, 2016 |
Arctic Wargame, by Ethan Jones, takes place in Canada's north where life and death are usually measured in degrees - as in temperature. Without giving away anything, I will say that the story is well written and imaginative. A plot placing Canada's sovereignty at risk has the novel's heroes, Justin Hall and Carrie O'Conner, both Canadian Intelligence Service agents, risking everything to defend the north from...well, I'll let you discover that for yourselves. BUT! it's not who you're thinking.

The story is compelling and hard to put down as there are very few natural 'quiet spots' in the plot. Jones has clearly researched the subject and as someone who revels in finding technical errors in plot or weapons, Arctic Wargame left me disappointed, as I could find neither.

I had acquired this novel through Library Thing and waited for my new Kindle to arrive before reading it. Thankfully, the Kindle's light weight made this 'hard to put down' novel, easier to read :).

Well done Ethan Jones. Now I expect that I will have to follow Justin Hall further along through his literary adventures to see what kind of trouble he gets into next.

www.daniellittle.com ( )
  Sturgeon | Aug 19, 2016 |
Full of action, some of it a little implausible, but a good read nevertheless. It is also good that there are a number of heroic ladies involved in the story! First in the Justin Hall series. Have already acquired the next one in the series. ( )
  Alan1946 | Jun 25, 2016 |
I received this as part of the member's exchange program on Librarything; and finally having read it I can report that it was not what I'd expected. There's a Canadian Super Hero, James Bond type who will keep the Danes who acting as proxy's for the evil Russians are attempting to annex the Northwest Passage in order to control global trade. Of course we're presuming that the fabled passage will be navigable and that there will be meaningful trade to tax conducted along its now ice-free navigable length. If the premise is weak the shooting and mayhem is not, just like any good James Bond movie/book there's plenty enough to go around. This is definitely not the Canadians I know, but maybe those in the Arctic are closer to their Southern USA relatives in terms of gun totin' and shootn'. A fun read if not too serious, I should mention this ends with the clear intent of sequels, so be prepared. ( )
  dmclane | Jul 12, 2015 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Ethan Jones's book Arctic Wargame was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,485,684 books! | Top bar: Always visible