Notorious Nineteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel…

Notorious Nineteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel (edition 2012)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:purplekitty
Title:Notorious Nineteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Bantam (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 320 pages
Tags:Paid dates with Ranger, disappearing patients from hospital

Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich

English (64)  Piratical (1)  All languages (65)
I think I'm tired of Stefanie Plum and her adventures. Maybe the last of Evanovich that I will read. ( )
  joeydag | Jul 23, 2015 |
After a slow summer of chasing low-level skips for her cousin Vinnie's bail bonds agency, Stephanie Plum finally lands an assignment that could put her checkbook back in the black. Geoffrey Cubbin, facing trial for embezzling millions from Trenton's premier assisted living facility, has mysteriously vanished from the hospital after an emergency appendectomy. Now it's on Stephanie to track him down. Unfortunately, Cubbin has disappeared without a trace, and when a second felon goes missing from the same hospital, Stephanie is forced to work with Trenton's hottest cop, Joe Morelli, in order to crack the case. ( )
  jepeters333 | Jul 2, 2015 |
Not one of her best. But made me laugh. ( )
  bogopea | May 16, 2015 |
I slugged my way thru it, but it was difficult. Reading this was like reading the last one, and the one before that, and so and so on. Same storyline, but the names are different. It's time for SOMETHING to change. ( )
  mjcjones | Dec 8, 2014 |
19 was one of my favorites in the Stephanie Plum series! All the others I listened on audio (as nothing any funnier than listening to Loreli King act out Lula and Grandma Mazur’s character!) This time I read the book and loved it--- and still found myself laughing! Glad to see all the main characters were included (as love Joe and Ranger). While Stephanie is notorious for finding trouble, she may have found a little more than she bargained for this time around—she cannot stay out of trouble (from dead bodies, missing bodies, her car (s) being blown up, being a pink bridesmaid, buried gold, food poisoning, to babysitting a Tiki!) Wow what she has to do to pay the rent!

I may have to buy the audio later just so I can listen—Janet knows how to make my day with the funky characters and sense of humor--- always good for a smile and laughs while driving or jogging! Of course, love to see Grandma Mazur when she goes uncover and Stephanie’s yummy two hunks (I vote for Joe and his dog Bob)!
  JudithDCollins | Nov 26, 2014 |
I DON'T KNOW why we gotta sit here baking in your car in the middle of the day, in the middle of the summer, in the middle of this crummy neighborhood, Lula said.

New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is certain of three truths: People don’t just vanish into thin air. Never anger old people. And don’t do what Tiki tells you to do.

After a slow summer of chasing low-level skips for her cousin Vinnie’s bail bonds agency, Stephanie Plum finally lands an assignment that could put her checkbook back in the black. Geoffrey Cubbin, facing trial for embezzling millions from Trenton’s premier assisted-living facility, has mysteriously vanished from the hospital after an emergency appendectomy. Now it’s on Stephanie to track down the con man. Unfortunately, Cubbin has disappeared without a trace, a witness, or his money-hungry wife. Rumors are stirring that he must have had help with the daring escape . . . or that maybe he never made it out of his room alive. Since the hospital staff’s lips seem to be tighter than the security, and it’s hard for Stephanie to blend in to assisted living, Stephanie’s Grandma Mazur goes in undercover. But when a second felon goes missing from the same hospital, Stephanie is forced into working side by side with Trenton’s hottest cop, Joe Morelli, in order to crack the case.

The real problem is, no Cubbin also means no way to pay the rent. Desperate for money—or maybe just desperate—Stephanie accepts a secondary job guarding her secretive and mouthwatering mentor Ranger from a deadly Special Forces adversary. While Stephanie is notorious for finding trouble, she may have found a little more than she bargained for this time around. Then again—a little food poisoning, some threatening notes, and a bridesmaid’s dress with an excess of taffeta never killed anyone . . . or did they? If Stephanie Plum wants to bring in a paycheck, she’ll have to remember: No guts, no glory. . . .

After a slow summer of chasing low-level skips for her cousin Vinnie's bail bonds agency, Stephanie Plum finally lands an assignment that could put her checkbook back in the black. Geoffrey Cubbin, facing trial for embezzling millions from Trenton's premier assisted-living facility, has mysteriously vanished from the hospital after an emergency appendectomy. Now it's on Stephanie to track down the con man. The problem is, Cubbin has disappeared without a trace, a witness, or his money-hungry wife. Rumors are stirring that he must have had help with the daring escape, or that maybe he never made it out of his room alive. Since the hospital staff's lips seem to be tighter than the security, and it is hard for Stephanie to blend in to assisted living, Stephanie's Grandma Mazur goes in undercover. But when a second felon goes missing from the same hospital, Plum is forced into working side by side with Trenton's hottest cop, Joe Morelli, in order to crack the case. Solving the case is harder than she imagined and to make sure the rent is paid she takes on a second job, protecting her mentor Ranger from a deadly special forces adversary.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,407,361 books! | Top bar: Always visible