Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich

Notorious Nineteen

by Janet Evanovich, Lorelei King (Reader)

Member:gmillar
Title:Notorious Nineteen
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Other authors:Lorelei King (Reader)
Info:
Collections:Books on CD listened to
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Fiction

Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich

English (81)  Piratical (1)  All (82)
Well, at least it was a quick read. I know when I pick up a Stephanie Plum book what I'm in for. I'm going to get a healthy dose of explosions, a lot of food talk, Lula in Lycra, Grandma Mazur being, well, Grandma Mazur, a hot dose of Morelli and hopefully some smokin' sexy Ranger sightings. I got all of that. I also got a couple chuckles from past character Randy Briggs and a little giggle from a potentially cursed Hawaiian Tiki.

But....that is all. Nothing new. Stephanie is still a hot mess and continues to play along with the best, yet, the most annoying love triangle ever. Ranger or Morelli? Mr Sexy or Mr Hawt? A man who'll melt your panties off or a man who'll feed you beer and pizza? I know it's a hard decision but come on!!! Make one already! This has been going on for too long. It's time to end it Janet! For reals.

In addition to the triangulation of Stephanie's love I really think she should be a bit more, um, competent at her job by...well, 12 books ago. Granted she has made progress but if you had been poisoned and your apartment almost blown up by a crazy man wouldn't you be a bit more cautious when entering said apartment? The apartment that every Tom, Dick and Psycho-killer can break into with ease? Not our Stephanie.

Now, I know this sounds super negative but it wasn't an awful book. It was exactly what I expected. Nothing more. Nothing less. Do not read this book expecting a great mystery and do not read this book expecting something different than the last 18 Plums. Read this book for a quick escape from your reality. Read this book because you've read all the other books in the series and your OCD will not let you stop. Or just read this book because of Ranger (because he's worth it...truly.)

I rated this 2.5 on my personal blog but rounded up for Goodreads purposes. ( )
  ChristinaT. | Dec 3, 2016 |
I hadn't read a Plum in a while (since 18 came out...ugh), and it was good to get back to Lula, Ranger, Stephanie, and all the other characters...except Morelli. I hate him more and more with each book. I am definitely Team Ranger!! ( )
  CarpeLibrum58 | Jun 4, 2016 |
You'd think I would be tired of this series but honestly I'm not in the slightest! As long as each book makes me laugh I will keep reading!! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Remember when sometimes you went to a fancy restaurant and in between courses they gave you a tiny serving of sorbet to cleanse your palate? That's Stephanie Plum and I'm not complaining. Some readers bemoan the sameness, others find it comforting! ( )
  MaureenCean | Feb 2, 2016 |
I'm sooo glad I didnt waste any money on this book. After being such a fan I can honestly say its not worth it anymore. No progression in story line, no progression in settling which guy she wants, I dont think she even got a a skip into custody by herself, Lula wasnt funny just hungry with her catch pharses, and even Grandma Mazur couldnt help this story line to be honest. I think Evanovich lost her touch and needs to end this series and move on. ( )
  nraichlin | Jan 26, 2016 |
I DON'T KNOW why we gotta sit here baking in your car in the middle of the day, in the middle of the summer, in the middle of this crummy neighborhood, Lula said.

New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is certain of three truths: People don’t just vanish into thin air. Never anger old people. And don’t do what Tiki tells you to do.

After a slow summer of chasing low-level skips for her cousin Vinnie’s bail bonds agency, Stephanie Plum finally lands an assignment that could put her checkbook back in the black. Geoffrey Cubbin, facing trial for embezzling millions from Trenton’s premier assisted-living facility, has mysteriously vanished from the hospital after an emergency appendectomy. Now it’s on Stephanie to track down the con man. Unfortunately, Cubbin has disappeared without a trace, a witness, or his money-hungry wife. Rumors are stirring that he must have had help with the daring escape . . . or that maybe he never made it out of his room alive. Since the hospital staff’s lips seem to be tighter than the security, and it’s hard for Stephanie to blend in to assisted living, Stephanie’s Grandma Mazur goes in undercover. But when a second felon goes missing from the same hospital, Stephanie is forced into working side by side with Trenton’s hottest cop, Joe Morelli, in order to crack the case.

The real problem is, no Cubbin also means no way to pay the rent. Desperate for money—or maybe just desperate—Stephanie accepts a secondary job guarding her secretive and mouthwatering mentor Ranger from a deadly Special Forces adversary. While Stephanie is notorious for finding trouble, she may have found a little more than she bargained for this time around. Then again—a little food poisoning, some threatening notes, and a bridesmaid’s dress with an excess of taffeta never killed anyone . . . or did they? If Stephanie Plum wants to bring in a paycheck, she’ll have to remember: No guts, no glory. . . .

After a slow summer of chasing low-level skips for her cousin Vinnie's bail bonds agency, Stephanie Plum finally lands an assignment that could put her checkbook back in the black. Geoffrey Cubbin, facing trial for embezzling millions from Trenton's premier assisted-living facility, has mysteriously vanished from the hospital after an emergency appendectomy. Now it's on Stephanie to track down the con man. The problem is, Cubbin has disappeared without a trace, a witness, or his money-hungry wife. Rumors are stirring that he must have had help with the daring escape, or that maybe he never made it out of his room alive. Since the hospital staff's lips seem to be tighter than the security, and it is hard for Stephanie to blend in to assisted living, Stephanie's Grandma Mazur goes in undercover. But when a second felon goes missing from the same hospital, Plum is forced into working side by side with Trenton's hottest cop, Joe Morelli, in order to crack the case. Solving the case is harder than she imagined and to make sure the rent is paid she takes on a second job, protecting her mentor Ranger from a deadly special forces adversary.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,810,969 books! | Top bar: Always visible