Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich

Notorious Nineteen (edition 2012)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:ReadingWithMartinis
Title:Notorious Nineteen
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Headline Review (2012), Paperback
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***

Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich

English (81)  Piratical (1)  All languages (82)
You'd think I would be tired of this series but honestly I'm not in the slightest! As long as each book makes me laugh I will keep reading!! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
It had it's funny moments like all the Plum books, but it lacked some of the punch that I've come to expect from this series. So all in all it was good but not great. ( )
  mashiaraqcs | Mar 29, 2016 |
Remember when sometimes you went to a fancy restaurant and in between courses they gave you a tiny serving of sorbet to cleanse your palate? That's Stephanie Plum and I'm not complaining. Some readers bemoan the sameness, others find it comforting! ( )
  MaureenCean | Feb 2, 2016 |
I'm sooo glad I didnt waste any money on this book. After being such a fan I can honestly say its not worth it anymore. No progression in story line, no progression in settling which guy she wants, I dont think she even got a a skip into custody by herself, Lula wasnt funny just hungry with her catch pharses, and even Grandma Mazur couldnt help this story line to be honest. I think Evanovich lost her touch and needs to end this series and move on. ( )
  nraichlin | Jan 26, 2016 |
I'm really not too sure (ok so I don't remember) what was "Funny", but Nineteen has All of our favorite elements PLUS a good story! We even get to know a little bit about Ranger's military history.

******Basic Plot Lines (You can call them "Spoilers" if you want)********

Two of Stephanie's bonds have disappeared from the same hospital, in for minor surgery, out & missing from post-op. What makes this interesting is that a few of the hospital's medical staff are also employed by "The Clinic". An eerily dead quiet clinic with no patients, on a dead end street, backing up to the woods and with no close neighboring buildings.

Another of her bonds has stolen a Tiki from Hawaii and is using it for collateral against his bond.... except he won't part with it.... until Stephanie & Lula snag it, then the chase is on!

Ranger and a friend of his are being targeted by someone from their military days, someone severely deranged. Ranger needs a "date" so he invites Stephanie to be his date/bodyguard but things don't go as planned. The threats & violence escalate encompassing Stephanie & the Bride to be.

I liked this much better than the last 3 or 4 I read, because the same-old-same-old slapstick shtick was mainly absent, and there were actually two good story lines. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
I DON'T KNOW why we gotta sit here baking in your car in the middle of the day, in the middle of the summer, in the middle of this crummy neighborhood, Lula said.

New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is certain of three truths: People don’t just vanish into thin air. Never anger old people. And don’t do what Tiki tells you to do.

After a slow summer of chasing low-level skips for her cousin Vinnie’s bail bonds agency, Stephanie Plum finally lands an assignment that could put her checkbook back in the black. Geoffrey Cubbin, facing trial for embezzling millions from Trenton’s premier assisted-living facility, has mysteriously vanished from the hospital after an emergency appendectomy. Now it’s on Stephanie to track down the con man. Unfortunately, Cubbin has disappeared without a trace, a witness, or his money-hungry wife. Rumors are stirring that he must have had help with the daring escape . . . or that maybe he never made it out of his room alive. Since the hospital staff’s lips seem to be tighter than the security, and it’s hard for Stephanie to blend in to assisted living, Stephanie’s Grandma Mazur goes in undercover. But when a second felon goes missing from the same hospital, Stephanie is forced into working side by side with Trenton’s hottest cop, Joe Morelli, in order to crack the case.

The real problem is, no Cubbin also means no way to pay the rent. Desperate for money—or maybe just desperate—Stephanie accepts a secondary job guarding her secretive and mouthwatering mentor Ranger from a deadly Special Forces adversary. While Stephanie is notorious for finding trouble, she may have found a little more than she bargained for this time around. Then again—a little food poisoning, some threatening notes, and a bridesmaid’s dress with an excess of taffeta never killed anyone . . . or did they? If Stephanie Plum wants to bring in a paycheck, she’ll have to remember: No guts, no glory. . . .

After a slow summer of chasing low-level skips for her cousin Vinnie's bail bonds agency, Stephanie Plum finally lands an assignment that could put her checkbook back in the black. Geoffrey Cubbin, facing trial for embezzling millions from Trenton's premier assisted-living facility, has mysteriously vanished from the hospital after an emergency appendectomy. Now it's on Stephanie to track down the con man. The problem is, Cubbin has disappeared without a trace, a witness, or his money-hungry wife. Rumors are stirring that he must have had help with the daring escape, or that maybe he never made it out of his room alive. Since the hospital staff's lips seem to be tighter than the security, and it is hard for Stephanie to blend in to assisted living, Stephanie's Grandma Mazur goes in undercover. But when a second felon goes missing from the same hospital, Plum is forced into working side by side with Trenton's hottest cop, Joe Morelli, in order to crack the case. Solving the case is harder than she imagined and to make sure the rent is paid she takes on a second job, protecting her mentor Ranger from a deadly special forces adversary.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,000,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible