Schroder: A Novel by Amity Gaige

Schroder: A Novel (original 2013; edition 2013)

by Amity Gaige

Member:suballa
Title:Schroder: A Novel
Authors:Amity Gaige
Info:Twelve (2013), Hardcover, 288 pages

Schroder by Amity Gaige (2013)

Recently added bybsiemens, sandra.k.heinzman, private library, fran777

English (19)  Finnish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (21)
Another book that makes my "Top 10 for 2013." Wow, this author can write and she writes beautifully! I believe this is a debut novel for her. I didn't like the ending, however, as it was wrapped up neatly like I would have liked. I guess it ended like it should have, not how I hoped it would, and there were some unanswered questions for me. I highly recommend this book. ( )
  sandra.k.heinzman | Apr 2, 2015 |
Gaige creates a fascinating and complex character in Erik, as he moves from the eccentric and slightly irresponsible father to a desperate man at the end of his rope. While the novel’s format occasionally lends itself to overly dramatic prose, this does not take away from its warmth and expert exploration of the immigrant experience, alienation, and the unbreakable bond between parent and child.
added by DorsVenabili | editBooklist, Kerri Price (pay site) (Nov 1, 2012)

Ensconced in a correctional facility at the height of a custody battle with his estranged wife, Eric, a first-generation East German immigrant who changed his name as a youth, surveys his life to consider the disparity between his original and assumed identities.… (more)

1 wanted2 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,745,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible