Becoming Holmes: The Boy Sherlock Holmes,…

Becoming Holmes: The Boy Sherlock Holmes, His Final Case (edition 2012)

by Shane Peacock

Becoming Holmes by Shane Peacock

no paperback
  TBE | Oct 8, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love all things Sherlock. This book did not disappoint. It is interesting seeing the relationships develop into what they are in later years. I would reccommend to other lovers of Sherlock Holmes.
  jll112 | Apr 12, 2013 |
This book is about when Sherlock frames another person of his own secret crime who are his enemies. This book has unexpected deaths and suspenseful turns. ( )
  Zhen.Li | Feb 24, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love YA books. I especially love good YA books. I discovered this book on the Librarything's early reviewers club. I was disappointed to learn I was on the last book in the series. I had a great time going through Holmes's journey and wished I had been able to be there from the start. I hope it doesn't ruin the first books for me since I read the last one first, but I am hoping to get the other books soon and read those as well.

This was a wonderful take on the Sherlock Holmes series. I am actually in the process of rereading the originals because of these books. It's a wonderful series with a wonderful feel and I think this was a great story that anyone can dive right into. ( )
  Dranea | Feb 4, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I hate to see this series end, now that I have become so immersed in the world of the teenage Sherlock Holmes. This final volume is just as well written as the first five, giving us a fun mystery, a very realistic London 1870 setting, some emotional moments, and a Sherlock who has matured considerably since we first encountered him in [book:Eye of the Crow]. He still has insecurities and flaws, however, especially when it comes to one young woman in particular. As he tries to unravel the master plan of his nemesis Malefactor--whom we have also watched grow and mature throughout the series, but unfortunately into the ultimate bad guy (Moriarty!) rather than a force for justice--Sherlock Holmes is also dealing with the death of his father and the impending death of his mentor, Sigurson Bell (a fun character whom I'll really miss!). The case here revolves around a politician's well-kept secret, and the mysterious job promotion and then death of a thug, but what really matters in the end is that Sherlock Holmes has arrived for good. ( )
  GoldieBug | Jan 21, 2013 |
To Johanna, artist and sweetheart.

With a young Sherlock Holmes immersed in despair, the only thing that can rouse him from this blackness comes when he uncovers a sinister plot unleashed by Malefactor.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Becoming Holmes by Shane Peacock was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,405,383 books! | Top bar: Always visible