dismiss

The Art of Procrastination: A Guide to…

The Art of Procrastination: A Guide to Effective Dawdling, Lollygagging… (2012)

by John Perry

2372379,882 (3.64)1 / 8
Explains the principles of structured procrastination and provides tips and techniques to chronic procrastinators for developing an attitude of acceptance for their accomplishments while enjoying the time they waste.

English (16)  Dutch (2)  French (2)  Norwegian (1)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (23)
This was a short, amusing read. It also provided what do seem like some legitimate tips for those who tend to be (high-functioning) procrastinators. i'm afraid, though, that those who procrastinate by staring mindless at their phones or watching endless television may not find a lot of useful tips here. Even they might want to read it, though, as it's worth it for comic relief.
Last note: if you pick this up and find yourself thinking, "Well, maybe I'll read this in a few days...", then it might be a good book for you. ;) ( )
  caimanjosh | Dec 4, 2017 |
This book is a very enjoyable read taking not more than 4 hours. The author's sense of humor adds a lot more to its enjoyment. I found the book extremely relatable to myself too. It basically gives a way to look at the overly exaggerated issue of Procrastination from an optimistic perspective. It would be an under statement to say this book can be life changing. ( )
  VenkiPhy6 | Dec 31, 2015 |
Amusing, but not earth-shaking. I had already come to most of these realizations. I did like his comparison to left handers living in a right handed world with vertical and horizontal organizers. I am so much a left handed horizontal organizer that it's not funny. I use the floor for lack of enough horizontal space.
At two discs, very manageable. ( )
  2wonderY | Dec 8, 2015 |
An awesome book! I no longer feel ashamed because I procrastinate. ( )
  ThothJ | Dec 3, 2015 |
An awesome book! I no longer feel ashamed because I procrastinate. ( )
  ThothJ | Dec 3, 2015 |

John Perryprimary authorall editionscalculated
Holsopple, BrianNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. - Mark Twain
For Frenchie
Who is very patient (sometimes)
Humans are by nature rational animals.
Never do today any task that may disappear tomorrow.
Let the situation mature.
...I'd rather chew on thumbtacks than read up on printers in Consumer Reports.
The structured procrastinator may not be the world's most effective human being, but by letting her ideas and energies wander spontaneously, she may accomplish all sorts of things that she would have missed out on by adhering to a more structured regimen.
My wife pops in to remind me to check the Visa bill...She would clearly like me to stop what I am doing, remove the laptop from my lap, take the bill (which she is kindly holding in my face), and comply with her request forthwith...The idea that by not checking the Visa bill immediately I will discourage my wife from such interruptions is quite absurd. The pattern in question has gone on for about fifty years.

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,718,297 books! | Top bar: Always visible