Morning glories. Volume three, P. E. by Nick…

Morning glories. Volume three, P. E. (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Nick Spencer, Joe Eisma

Member:callmecayce
Title:Morning glories. Volume three, P. E.
Authors:Nick Spencer
Other authors:Joe Eisma
Info:Berkeley, CA : Image Comics, Inc., 2012.
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:*****
Tags:read 2013, young adult, graphic novel, library

Morning Glories Volume 3: P.E. by Nick Spencer (2012)

About halfway through this arc, one of the more mysterious characters says, "We've kept much from you, and I know that's frustrating -- being pushed and pulled in every direction, never being told why." Yes. That's exactly what I'm feeling, and the fun is starting to go out of this series. The "average guy" kid -- Hunter, the one I'd probably most be like -- has gone from not being able to tell time and getting dumped by the prettiest girl around to being almost drowned, awakening tied up next to some teens who have just been brutally murdered, and having to play capture the flag with the queen of the damned. Meanwhile, other characters hint at religion. I'm starting to think I'd be better off just staying in my dorm room, hiding under the covers until the evil things eventually find me anyway. Oh, answers, where art thou?

--------------------------
LT Haiku:
Mix The Breakfast Club
and Battle Royale but with
many more flashbacks. ( )
1 vote legallypuzzled | Aug 11, 2013 |
I continue to be utterly enamored, amazed, confused and blown away by this series. It's like Lost meets Fringe meets every time traveling, time-effecting show/story meets every single group of confused, scatted kids with secrets. I read Vol. 3 & Vol. 4 together right back to back so they are getting one big review together, because pretty much the storyline is all blurred together now.

I have so many feelings about Abraham & Ike reveals, plus Abraham vs. The Academy (and the fact there are kids being trained in each for something, for each other). The whole allusion to Job was amazing. The continual spin of the Head Mistress vs. Her sisters (and who is on whose side, whether good is something you say or something you do). All the display's of "Faith" this time, with the hands and with the fire in a classroom were amazing touches.

The Casey story, back and forward, and back again, was amazing (and I hope Vol. 5 takes us back to her New York part, too). Someone needs to tell me if the thing about Zoe is for real-for real, because we've totally had people come back from worse already? Jade, both young and old, continues to be the most amazing all around. I totally called the second to last page of Vol 4 and who had rigged everything we've seen and everything that needs to be done: Gold Star me.

I'm wanting more issues already, but I must wait hopefully. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Jul 24, 2013 |
I am completely in love with/invested in this series. I utterly ADORE it. It's so much fun and super creepy and every time I think I understand a character, it turns out I don't understand them at all. This volume furthers the story, messes with timelines and asks more questions that it answers and I love it. I sincerely love it. I cannot wait for volume four. ( )
  callmecayce | Jan 7, 2013 |
As if regular classes at the elite and sinister Morning Glories Academy weren't bad enough, now the students are sent out into the woods for the day-long Woodrun. And once they're out there, all sorts of strange things - time travel, secret magical caves, murder - start to happen.

I have no idea what's going on in this series. Seriously, what? I mean, it's clearly got the potential to be good - it is good; I think Lost fans in particular would enjoy it - but it's so convoluted that I think I've got to give it up until the series is complete, because for the moment, I'm just completely lost. 3.5 out of 5 stars. ( )
  fyrefly98 | Aug 5, 2012 |

Spencer, Nickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eisma, JoeIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Seven years ago.

Mix The Breakfast Club

and Battle Royale but with

many more flashbacks.

(legallypuzzled)

"One of the most prestigious prep schools in the country-- But behind its hallowed doors something sinister and deadly lurks. When six brilliant but troubled new students arrive they find themselves trapped and desperately seeking answers-- and escape from a place where nothing is what it seems to be. The critically acclaimed series continues with this collection of the third arc, 'P.E.'. The first days were just the beginning. When the faculty cancels classes and send the students on an outing in the nearby woods, all hell breaks loose-- sending the Glories on a mysterious journey through time and space" -- p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,354,533 books! | Top bar: Always visible