The Further Adventures of Blackjack: The…

by Ellen F. Feld, Jeanne Mellin (Illustrator), Wordhelper (Editor)

Member:squiresj
Title:The Further Adventures of Blackjack: The Champion Morgan Horse (Morgan Horse series)
Authors:Ellen F. Feld
Other authors:Jeanne Mellin (Illustrator), Wordhelper (Editor)
Info:Willow Bend Publishing.com (2012), Edition: First, Paperback
Rating:*****

I haven't read a middle school series in years & I really enjoyed this one! It brought me back to childhood again!
As adults we forget that our fiction is mostly entertainment more so than morals! This story offered entertainment, & character challenges that could be identified with by the reader. Learning right from wrong & how to make an educated decision, all while enjoying what you do! I will be recommending it! ( )
  fashionablyloud1 | May 5, 2013 |
Book seven in the Morgan Horse series. The Further Adventures of Blackjack, takes the reader to the exciting world of Morgan Horse shows. Heather and Blackjack have had an awesome show season, winning top ribbons at all the New England Morgan shows. This could be the year that they get to go to Oklahoma to compete in the Grand National and World Championship Morgan Horse Show! But travel from New England to Oklahoma is quite expensive, especially with a 1,000 pound animal. In order to pay for the 1500 mile trip, Heather will have to make a very difficult decision, a decision that will involve one of her beloved horses. And there’s a lot that can happen on a four-day trip across the United States with 15 frisky horses cramped into a large horse van.

I just finished reading the book and must say that I found it to be an easy read and I really enjoyed it. I would also say that it is a perfect read for a middle school aged girl, (say in the 9-13 age group) especially if she is into horses. There is lots of excitement and suspense to be had by our young Heather and her Blackjack. If you have a teenage daughter at home or you love horses as much as I do. You will want to give this book a read. With a surprise ending in store I think you or she will really enjoy reading this one. ( )
  dixielandcountry.com | Mar 1, 2013 |
The Further Adventures of Blackjack: The Champion Morgan Horse (Morgan Horse series) by Ellen F. Feld. Received the book through Member give away at LibraryThing.com. I received a signed copy:0
Love the story of hard choices, hard work, and getting where you want to be.
The author does a great job of describing life with and around horses.
Loved the episode on page 137, The horse stopped at the white line painted across the road at a stop sign, had it happened to me once.
If you know a young girl who is really into horses you should buy the book for her. 5 ***** ( )
  Pebblesgmc | Feb 20, 2013 |
So, I just finished The Champion Morgan Horse and I will tell you now that I loved it! I'm not usually one to read books about animals BUT I'm glad I did.
In reading I'm going to assume that Ellen has had horses or has been around horses before and I'm also going to assume that she has a passion for them.
If you have a Teenage daughter this would be a GREAT book to purchase for them.

To summarize the book. I would tell you that is as mostly about a lady named Heather and her horse Blackjack. Together they were in all kids of race shoes in I'm thinking it was England. But anyway they were Champions to say the least.

But there is a big race in Oklahoma that she has to find a way to come up with enough money not only to enter but also to cover the expenses of getting there in the first place.

Heather has to make a huge decision. Will this affect Blackjack? Will They make it? Will Heather make a regrettable decision? Are they going to get to compete?

Now that you have all those questions pondering your mind Grab The Champion Morgan Horse By Ellen Feld and Read Away! ( )
  AmberElGran | Feb 18, 2013 |
I got this book to encourage my granddaughter to read more. She loves horses. In reading it, I had a great adventure myself.
One sees hardships and struggles one faced just in getting a horse to a horse show.
Tornado, a horse down, run-a-way horse, and more. There are delays getting a group of girls to a show in Oklahoma.
I fell in love with Morgan horse, Blackjack.
Heather sells a beloved horse to see her dream of showing Blackjack happen. But does it? Will it? I was surprised by ending. But Heather learned to ride many horses and learn their nature.
This book opened a whole new world to me involving horses. ( )
  squiresj | Jan 28, 2013 |

Book seven in the Morgan Horse series. The Further Adventures of Blackjack takes the reader to the exciting world of Morgan shows. Heather and Blackjack have had an awesome show season, winning top ribbons at all the New England Morgan shows. This could be the year that they get to go to Oklahoma to compete in the Grand National and World Championship Morgan Horse Show! But travel from New England to Oklahoma is quite expensive, especially with a 1,000 pound animal. In order to pay for the 1500 mile trip, Heather will have to make a very difficult decision, a decision that will involve one of her beloved horses. And there's a lot that can happen on a four-day trip across the United States with 15 frisky horses cramped into a large horse van.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:58 -0400)

"Heather and Blackjack have had an awesome show season, winning top ribbons at all the New England Morgan shows. Going to Oklahoma to compete in the Grand National and World Championship Morgan Horse Show would be awesome! But travel from New England to Oklahoma is quite expensive, especially with a 1,000 pound animal. In order to pay for the 1500 mile trip, Heather will have to make a very difficult decision, a decision that will involve one of her beloved horses. And there's a lot that can happen on a four-day trip across the United States with 15 frisky horses cramped into a large horse van." -- Back cover.… (more)

Ellen F. Feld is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,966,940 books! | Top bar: Always visible