Say You're Sorry by Michael Robotham

Say You're Sorry (edition 2012)

by Michael Robotham

Member:caitemaire
Title:Say You're Sorry
Authors:Michael Robotham
Info:Sphere (2012), Hardcover
Tags:Early Reviewers, random, fiction

Say You're Sorry by Michael Robotham

Recently added bymiddleman66, nospi, private library, LindaEdwards, hovimed, loraxiom, BevAsh, Judy_Ryfinski

English (36)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (38)
One day read - excellent - could not put it down ( )
  MarkPSadler | Jan 17, 2016 |
One day read - excellent - could not put it down ( )
  MarkPSadler | Jan 17, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this crime novel — especially the clinical psychologist character, Joe O’laughlin. The book is written from two perspectives — notes from one of the teenagers in captivity and the other from the clinical psychologist’s perspective — which, inevitably, converge at some point. The writing moves along at a good pace, is easy to read, with intriguing psychological dimensions. This is #6 in the Joseph O’Loughlin series and the first I have read. I’ll be reading the series from the beginning!
  spbooks | Dec 8, 2015 |
A really good read! "Say you're sorry is the sixth thriller in the series with professor o'laughlin, a psychologist who rather reluctantly is working with the police to find two girls who went missing three years ago.
The story is exciting but contains enough details about the characters to let you plunge into the story. The end is unexpected but not illogical.
The story is told from two points of view. One is from professor o'laughling, the other one from one of the missing girls. She is writing a kind of journal from which we get to know her very well and because of this knowledge we are trapped with her, suffer with her and want desperately that she gets saved. ( )
  coku | Aug 1, 2015 |
My Opinion: Michael Robotham is one of my all time favorite suspense writers and even though I haven't read any of the other books in the Joseph O'Loughlin series, I had heard that they can all be read as stand alone novels, and this proved to be true. I got caught up in the mystery right away and was kept interested clear to the end.

Piper and Tash went missing three years ago and although the police investigated the disappearance, most people thought they had just run away, because that was in fact their plan. But something went wrong and three years later, Tash's body was found frozen in a lake following a terrible winter storm. Coincidentally (or not) Tash's old home, where two elderly people now lived, was the scene of a double homicide and fire that same night.

The characters are all easy to relate to, as Michael Robotham's tend to be, and the reader is kept guessing throughout the book as to how all of the players fit and who did what to whom. As usual, I guessed who the perpetrator was, but then I second guessed myself, then third guessed, until I was as confused as I started out to be. The author drops clues in that throw you completely off, but that's a good thing in a suspense story - who wants to be able to figure it out easily? How boring would that be?

The pacing was perfect as the story moves along at a steady pace, and the reader is kept guessing until the very end. I loved this book and highly recommend it to lovers of suspense, mysteries, and all around good story telling. I give it a very enthusiastic 5 stars and look forward to going back and starting the Joseph O'Loughlin series from the beginning. ( )
  jwitt33 | Jul 7, 2015 |
"Ich bin mir des Augenblicks bewusst, in dem ichmich gerade befinde. Dies ist der Moment davor. Dies ist das Luftholen."Jon Bauer, Rocks in the Belly
Für Alex
Ich heiße Piper Hadley und werde seit dem letzten Samstag der Sommerferien vor drei Jahren vermisst.

TWO MISSING GIRLS. TWO BRUTAL MURDERS. ALL CONNECTED TO ONE FARM HOUSE. WHO IS TO BLAME?

When pretty and popular teenagers Piper Hadley and Tash McBain disappear one Sunday morning, the investigation captivates a nation but the girls are never found.

Three years later, during the worst blizzard in a century, a husband and wife are brutally killed in the farmhouse where Tash McBain once lived. A suspect is in custody, a troubled young man who can hear voices and claims that he saw a girl that night being chased by a snowman.

Convinced that Piper or Tash might still be alive, clinical psychologist Joe O'Loughlin and ex-cop Vincent Ruiz, persuade the police to re-open the investigation. But they are racing against time to save the girls from someone with an evil, calculating and twisted mind...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:32 -0400)

Joe O'Loughlin investigates the murder of a married couple during a horrible London blizzard, but does not believe that the prime suspect--a troubled young man who reported the killings but cannot explain why he was at the crime scene--is really the killer.… (more)

Michael Robotham is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Say You're Sorry by Michael Robotham was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,188,713 books! | Top bar: Always visible