Say You're Sorry by Michael Robotham

Say You're Sorry (edition 2012)

by Michael Robotham

Title:Say You're Sorry
Authors:Michael Robotham
Info:Sphere (2012), Hardcover
Tags:Early Reviewers, random, fiction

Say You're Sorry by Michael Robotham

English (33)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (35)
A really good read! "Say you're sorry is the sixth thriller in the series with professor o'laughlin, a psychologist who rather reluctantly is working with the police to find two girls who went missing three years ago.
The story is exciting but contains enough details about the characters to let you plunge into the story. The end is unexpected but not illogical.
The story is told from two points of view. One is from professor o'laughling, the other one from one of the missing girls. She is writing a kind of journal from which we get to know her very well and because of this knowledge we are trapped with her, suffer with her and want desperately that she gets saved. ( )
  coku | Aug 1, 2015 |
My Opinion: Michael Robotham is one of my all time favorite suspense writers and even though I haven't read any of the other books in the Joseph O'Loughlin series, I had heard that they can all be read as stand alone novels, and this proved to be true. I got caught up in the mystery right away and was kept interested clear to the end.

Piper and Tash went missing three years ago and although the police investigated the disappearance, most people thought they had just run away, because that was in fact their plan. But something went wrong and three years later, Tash's body was found frozen in a lake following a terrible winter storm. Coincidentally (or not) Tash's old home, where two elderly people now lived, was the scene of a double homicide and fire that same night.

The characters are all easy to relate to, as Michael Robotham's tend to be, and the reader is kept guessing throughout the book as to how all of the players fit and who did what to whom. As usual, I guessed who the perpetrator was, but then I second guessed myself, then third guessed, until I was as confused as I started out to be. The author drops clues in that throw you completely off, but that's a good thing in a suspense story - who wants to be able to figure it out easily? How boring would that be?

The pacing was perfect as the story moves along at a steady pace, and the reader is kept guessing until the very end. I loved this book and highly recommend it to lovers of suspense, mysteries, and all around good story telling. I give it a very enthusiastic 5 stars and look forward to going back and starting the Joseph O'Loughlin series from the beginning. ( )
  jwitt33 | Jul 7, 2015 |
Sydney’s award-winning author, Michael Robotham delivers a chilling spine tingling, suspenseful, crime psychological thriller, leaving you holding your breath, with his (Joseph O'Loughlin #6) Say You’re Sorry.

Two young girls from a small English village disappear after a local Bingham fair on the last weekend of the summer holidays. The two girls are best friends: Piper Hadley and Tash McBain, known as the The Bingham Girls, after a long investigation with no leads.

Three years after their disappearance, a couple is brutally murdered in their farmhouse in a terrible blizzard and psychologist Joe O’Loughlin was asked to help profile their suspect, a troubled young man, who is hearing voices and talks to a brother who isn’t there and hands with burns.

Ironically, Joe has discovered the farmhouse was where Tash had lived with her family three years earlier. Tash was very street smart (not so much book smart), flirty, sexy, beautiful and promiscuous and Piper is quite the opposite, as quiet, likes to write, and athletic. The girls come from different backgrounds.

Tash, lower middle class troubled family attending a prestigious private school on a scholarship; whereas, Piper’s former model mother and wealthy banker family lived in a classy upscale neighborhood. After three long years of dead end leads, the police considered the girls runaways.

When the police ask for Joe’s help in solving the double murder, another young woman’s body is found frozen in a nearby lake. Are these crimes connected? Joe persuades the police to re-open the girl’s case for a race against time to put together the pieces before the killer strikes again.

Wow, what an emotional and intense psychological thriller, as am still holding my breath!! The cell phone/woods' scene was award-winning. Was glued to my iPod and daring anyone to interrupt me, and if so-- rewinding as did not want to miss a beat. Sean Barrett delivers an excellent performance, as his accent and voice are chilling, matching the tone and suspense with the author, brilliantly.

Joe’s character was well drawn and pulls you in with his troubled personal life with father/daughter relationship, and Parkinson’s as readers will sympathize with him and his situation, while mixed with light humor. I also enjoyed the alternating POV with Piper and Joe, and interaction with friend, ex-cop Vincent Ruiz, who works with him on the complex case—for a gripping page turner.

This was my first book by Robotham, and can be read as a standalone without reading the previous books in the series. However, am so intrigued want to go back and read the previous books. Have already purchased #7 Watching You audiobook and currently reading (thus far, very good). Looking forward to reading Life or Death, coming March, 2015.

Highly recommend to fans of compelling, entertaining, fast paced and intense, suspenseful psychological revenge thrillers. A perfect read to curl up with, for a weekend at a cabin by the fire, with relation to the snow and approaching Christmas holidays in the book.

Judith D. Collins Must Read Books

JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
After reading The Wreckage (book 5 in the Joe O'Laughlin series) where Joe played very little to no part in the book, I was very happy to see him return in this story. He did not disappoint me. I love me some Joe.

Natasha (Tash) McBain and Piper Hadley are girls that I will probably never forget. This story is centered around them; the hunt for them since they were abducted the last Saturday of the summer holidays or are they merely runaways?

The first book I read in this series was Shatter in 2010 (before I knew it was a series and you can only imagine what it did to my OCD tendencies to find out it was book 3 but that's another story) and now in 2013 I'm still talking about that book. As a matter of fact, when I read the name Gideon Tyler in this book, I swear, I got nervous.

Anyhow, what I'm trying to say is that this book is every bit of Shatter's equal. I couldn't put it down; it made my heart race; it made me nervous, sad and at times, even happy.

Michael Robotham is one heck of writer and I can't wait to read Watching You.

I'd easily give this book 6, 7, 8 stars if I could.
I will recommend this book until people are tired of hearing me preach Michael Robotham. ;) ( )
  Sharn | Nov 4, 2014 |
A very intense book, that kept me reading for quite a while (night stand books are rarely read in one sitting;-) ). I liked it a lot, it was not predictable and I liked the voice of Piper that was mixed into the story. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Oct 18, 2014 |
"Ich bin mir des Augenblicks bewusst, in dem ichmich gerade befinde. Dies ist der Moment davor. Dies ist das Luftholen."Jon Bauer, Rocks in the Belly
Für Alex
Ich heiße Piper Hadley und werde seit dem letzten Samstag der Sommerferien vor drei Jahren vermisst.

When pretty and popular teenagers Piper Hadley and Tash McBain disappear one Sunday morning, the investigation captivates a nation but the girls are never found.

Three years later, during the worst blizzard in a century, a husband and wife are brutally killed in the farmhouse where Tash McBain once lived. A suspect is in custody, a troubled young man who can hear voices and claims that he saw a girl that night being chased by a snowman.

Convinced that Piper or Tash might still be alive, clinical psychologist Joe O'Loughlin and ex-cop Vincent Ruiz, persuade the police to re-open the investigation. But they are racing against time to save the girls from someone with an evil, calculating and twisted mind...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:32 -0400)

Joe O'Loughlin investigates the murder of a married couple during a horrible London blizzard, but does not believe that the prime suspect--a troubled young man who reported the killings but cannot explain why he was at the crime scene--is really the killer.… (more)

Michael Robotham is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Say You're Sorry by Michael Robotham was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,749,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible