The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury

The Bridge (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Karen Kingsbury

1911661,769 (3.86)1
Member:rjmoren
Title:The Bridge
Authors:Karen Kingsbury
Info:Howard Books (2012), Kindle Edition, 274 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:Christian fiction

The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury (2012)

I'm oversimplifying this, but this is a romance that budded and blossomed in a book store setting. It weathered some storms, and was rekindled. If I had a romantic fantasy (and perhaps I do, because I love the movie, 'You've Got Mail), it would be one that was centered around my love for all things related to books and reading. But more than that, it's a story about second chances and miracles! ( )
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |
The Bridge
Karen Kingbury

Book Summary: Molly Allen lives alone in Portland, but her heart is back in Franklin, Tennessee, where five years ago she walked away from a man she cannot forget, a rare sort of love she hasn't found since.
Ryan Kelly lives in Franklin and spends plenty of time at The Bridge-the oldest bookstore in historic downtown Franklin-remembering the long hours he and Kelly once spent there.
Review: It started out slow but moved into high gear quickly. The book was split between the owners of the Bridge and the younger couple who moved from college to present time. Some of the time is spent in the past and was moved there nicely by a video or remembering through a character. I found the background information to be enjoyable and like the characters. I thought some of the hospital events to be less believable, although not impossible. Overall this was an enjoyable well laid out story.
  Robin661 | Jun 13, 2014 |
For the first time in a long time I was disappointed in a book by Karen Kingsbury now to be fair I was a huge Baxter fan and maybe because this is different that was part of it but I doubt it. I raed a lot and I either like a book or I don't, I rarely compare them to others by the same author or other books in general.

This book just didn't do it for me. I loved the concept and parts of it were very heartwarming but overall it was just ok.

Who doesn't love a good bookstore and the history of this bookstore is amazing. But it just fals short for me. I suggest you read it and see what you think.

Goodreads writes:
Now, Ryan and Molly's favorite bookstore is in trouble. For thirty years, Charlie and Donna Barton have run The Bridge, providing the people of middle Tennessee with coffee, conversation, and shelves of good books-even through dismal book sales and the rise of eBooks. Then in May a flood tore through Franklin and destroyed nearly every book in the store. By Christmastime, the bank threatens to pull the lease on The Bridge and is about to take the Bartons' house as well. Despondent, Charlie considers ending his life. And in the face of tragedy, miracles begin to unfold.( ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
This is the prequel to the Bridge, I wish I had read it before the Bridge. The Bridge was not one of my favorite books by Karen but now that I have read this, I think I want to give the Bridge another chance.

The Beginning starts with 2 couple who have tradigies happen on the same day and how they end up coming together through the bookstore The Bridge.

jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Will not re-read. Uninteresting.
  caroljels | Sep 7, 2013 |

Ryan Kelly spends plenty of time at The Bridge--the oldest bookstore in historic downtown Franklin, Tennessee--remembering the times he and Molly Allen--who moved to Portland--once spent there, and now, with the bookstore in deep financial trouble, it will take a miracle to keep tragedy from unfolding.… (more)

221 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,672,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible