Death of the Couch Potato's Wife by…

Death of the Couch Potato's Wife

by Christy Barritt

My guilty reading pleasure (and I admit I don’t feel that guilty about it) is cozy mysteries. When I find a cozy that combines all the fun aspects of the genre with a Christian message, I jump on it. Christy Barritt writes what I like, and Death of The Couch Potato’s Wife satisfied my craving for small town characters, an amateur sleuth and a puzzling mystery.

Laura Berry lives in Boring, Indiana in Dullington Estates. But her small town experience following years in Chicago, is anything but dull and boring when she discovers her neighbor dead among the pork rinds. Along with her slang talking best friend, 70-something Babe, Laura sets out to discover who killed the Couch King’s wife. But someone is listening in to her conversations and has her in their sights, causing Laura to suspect just about everyone in her neighborhood.

Fun and funny, Death of The Couch Potato’s Wife, is fast-paced. The characters are a bit eccentric without becoming too over the top in quirkiness. I live in a small town neighborhood with what we lovingly call the covenant police. I can really relate to all the happenings at Boring’s church, homeowner’s meetings and small town businesses. And while I guessed early on just whodunit, Laura’s struggle with adjusting to small town life kept me laughing and turning the pages.

Recommended. ( )
  vintagebeckie | Oct 7, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 098476559X, Paperback)

Welcome to Boring, Indiana, home to patio cookouts, homeowner dues, carpeted lawns, and neighbors so welcoming they’re dying to meet you — literally.

City slicker turned suburbanite housewife Laura Berry isn’t taking well to life in her new neighborhood. She moved to follow her husband’s dream, and now she can’t tell if she’s clinically depressed or just bored half to death. But Boring becomes anything but when Laura discovers her neighbor Candace Flynn face up on a sofa with her hand buried in a snack bag. With a healthy dose of neighborly suspicion and street smarts, Laura sets out to find Flynn’s killer, but her curiosity becomes desperation when the killer targets Laura.

Someone is determined to stop her from digging deeper into the murder, but Laura is just as determined to figure out who’s behind the death-by-poisoned-pork-rinds.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:17 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,892,598 books! | Top bar: Always visible