dismiss

Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship by…

Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship (2000)

by Joshua Harris

Purpose Driven Romance The last thing singles want is more rules. But if you're looking for an intentional, God-pleasing game plan for finding a future spouse, Joshua Harris delivers an appealing one. A compelling new foreword, an all-new "8 Great Courtship Conversations" section, and updated material throughout makes this five-year revision of the original Boy Meets Girl a must-have! Harris illustrates how biblical courtship--a healthy, joyous alternative to recreational dating--worked for him and his wife. Boy Meets Girl presents an inspiring, practical example for readers wanting to pursue the possibility of marriage with someone they may be serious about. Are you ready for "romance with purpose"? If you're fed up with self-centered relationships that end in disillusionment, it's time to rethink romance. Finding the loving, committed relationship you want shouldn't mean throwing away your hopes, your integrity, or your heart. In Boy Meets Girl, Joshua Harris --the guy who kissed dating goodbye--makes the case for courtship. As old-fashioned as it might sound, courtship is what modern day relationships desperately need. Think of it as romance chaperoned by wisdom, cared for by community, and directed by God's Word. Filled with inspiring stories from men and women who have rediscovered courtship, Boy Meets Girl is honest, romantic, and refreshingly biblical. Keep God at the center of your relationship as you discover how to: nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;*nbsp;Set a clear course for your romance nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;*nbsp;Get closer without compromise nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;*nbsp;Find support in a caring community nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;*nbsp;Deal with past sexual sin nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;*nbsp;Make the right decisions about your future New! Courtship Conversations Eight ideas for great dates that will help grow and guide your relationship. Story Behind the Book "I wrote I Kissed Dating Goodbye to challenge singles to drop the worldly approach to serial dating and reconsider the way they pursued romance in light of God's Word. Since then, I've received letters asking questions like, So, what comes between friendship and marriage? and, How can you know when you are ready for marriage? Boy Meets Girl answers those questions. Now as a happily married man I can look back on my courtship with Shannon and see from personal experience that God is faithful. If you trust Him enough to wait on romance in dating, He will lovingly guide you as you pursue it in courtship...right to that wonderful moment when you kneel together at the altar." -- Joshua Harris… (more)
    I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: I Kissed Dating Goodbye is Josh's earlier book, written before he was married.
    What Wives Wish their Husbands Knew about Sex: A Guide for Christian Men by Ryan Howes (Anonymous user)

courtship counsel ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This is the book to read on starting and maintaining a relationship that glorifies God, should be read by every Christian who wants to engage in courtship ( )
  Theodore.Gebretsadik | Feb 8, 2015 |
The main argument (serious courtship vs. casual uncommitted relationships) is good and biblical and easy to make a strong case for. I support the author's opinions, but the book is kind of boring. The best parts are quotes from other authors. That being said, I am happy for Mr. and Mrs. Harris! ( )
  krista.rutherford | Jan 3, 2014 |
A lot of people think that “courtship” is an old-fashioned concept. But, Joshua Harris believes that it’s still a very valid way of pursuing a girl. He used it with his own now-wife, Shannon, and they are living their happily ever after.

This book explains what courtship is, and how to put it into practice. It’s dating — but with a clear purpose; with the intent of figuring out whether you and the other person are meant to marry. There’s no hurry, and God is at the centre.

I enjoyed this book, and hope to pass it along to my kids when they are ready to date. Maybe beforehand. Even if you do like I do, and just get a lot out of it as far as guy-girl interactions (aside from the dating), it’s worth the read.

Another thing I enjoyed was that, in the back of the book, there are 8 ideas for “dates” that a couple can have while courting — ones that have the purpose of showing how he & she handle this or that situation, and then discussion questions to talk about things like how finances should be handled, or whether kids are in their future, or whether they are competitive in certain areas. There are some neat ideas in there.

I definitely recommended this one. ( )
  mizbooks | Dec 5, 2012 |
NO OF PAGES: 229 SUB CAT I: Courtship SUB CAT II: Marriage SUB CAT III: Male-Female Roles DESCRIPTION: Boy meets girl. Now what? What comes between "How do you do?" and "I do"? How do you find a lifetime partner in a way that's God-centered, not self-centered? "Boy Meets Girl" is an honest, romantic, and refreshingly biblical look at relationships. It's about dating with a purpose. About friendship plus possibility. About romance chaperoned by wisdom. Join the guy who "kissed dating goodbye" ?and say hello to courtship.NOTES: Purchased from Amazon.com. SUBTITLE: Say Hello to Courtship
  BeitHallel | Feb 18, 2011 |
To my bride, Shannon.
This book is the fruit of your
encouragement, humility, and sacrifice.
I love and cherish you.
The clock read 5:05 P.M. Shannon's workday was over.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,478,074 books! | Top bar: Always visible