Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship by…

Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship (2000)

by Joshua Harris

I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: I Kissed Dating Goodbye is Josh's earlier book, written before he was married.
    What Wives Wish their Husbands Knew about Sex: A Guide for Christian Men by Ryan Howes (Anonymous user)

courtship counsel ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This is the book to read on starting and maintaining a relationship that glorifies God, should be read by every Christian who wants to engage in courtship ( )
  Theodore.Gebretsadik | Feb 8, 2015 |
The main argument (serious courtship vs. casual uncommitted relationships) is good and biblical and easy to make a strong case for. I support the author's opinions, but the book is kind of boring. The best parts are quotes from other authors. That being said, I am happy for Mr. and Mrs. Harris! ( )
  krista.rutherford | Jan 3, 2014 |
A lot of people think that “courtship” is an old-fashioned concept. But, Joshua Harris believes that it’s still a very valid way of pursuing a girl. He used it with his own now-wife, Shannon, and they are living their happily ever after.

This book explains what courtship is, and how to put it into practice. It’s dating — but with a clear purpose; with the intent of figuring out whether you and the other person are meant to marry. There’s no hurry, and God is at the centre.

I enjoyed this book, and hope to pass it along to my kids when they are ready to date. Maybe beforehand. Even if you do like I do, and just get a lot out of it as far as guy-girl interactions (aside from the dating), it’s worth the read.

Another thing I enjoyed was that, in the back of the book, there are 8 ideas for “dates” that a couple can have while courting — ones that have the purpose of showing how he & she handle this or that situation, and then discussion questions to talk about things like how finances should be handled, or whether kids are in their future, or whether they are competitive in certain areas. There are some neat ideas in there.

I definitely recommended this one. ( )
  mizbooks | Dec 5, 2012 |
NO OF PAGES: 229 SUB CAT I: Courtship SUB CAT II: Marriage SUB CAT III: Male-Female Roles DESCRIPTION: Boy meets girl. Now what? What comes between "How do you do?" and "I do"? How do you find a lifetime partner in a way that's God-centered, not self-centered? "Boy Meets Girl" is an honest, romantic, and refreshingly biblical look at relationships. It's about dating with a purpose. About friendship plus possibility. About romance chaperoned by wisdom. Join the guy who "kissed dating goodbye" ?and say hello to courtship.NOTES: Purchased from Amazon.com. SUBTITLE: Say Hello to Courtship
  BeitHallel | Feb 18, 2011 |
To my bride, Shannon.
This book is the fruit of your
encouragement, humility, and sacrifice.
I love and cherish you.
The clock read 5:05 P.M. Shannon's workday was over.

Joshua Harris offers an alternative to rules for single people: an intentional, God-pleasing game plan for finding a future spouse. In this book, he discusses how biblical courtship (a healthy, joyous alternative to recreational dating) worked for him and his wife, to give an encouraging and practical example for readers wanting to pursue the possibility of marriage with someone they're serious about. This updated version includes a new foreword, a new chapter, an all-new "8 Great Courtship Conversations" section, and some updated material throughout.--From statement by publisher.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,222,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible