Political Suicide by Michael Palmer

Political Suicide (edition 2012)

by Michael Palmer

Member:chgstrom
Title:Political Suicide
Authors:Michael Palmer
Info:St. Martin's Press (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 368 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned

Political Suicide by Michael Palmer

As usual, a great audio---I'm not all that fussy with small problem details in such thrillers so I was very happy to have this background going while I was working on something that just required my hands. Moved right along---typical Michael Palmer. ( )
  nyiper | Jun 29, 2014 |
Thanks to Michael Palmer for sharing the message throughout the book. Seeing slogans and use of sponsors and walking the walk in the midst of a crisis is almost like reading an accelerated Big Book chapter. I claimed my seat identifying with the crazy thinking and actions, and with seeing the H.A.L.T. kick in at the right times.
The only problem I had was your changing the wording of Step One to accommodate those with addiction problems other than alcohol. Please leave AA's steps as written - they're a nice tradition. All those people with other addictions are still welcome at open meetings! Very welcome!
If you don't understand my review, it's because it's meant for those in AA.... it's a type of meeting-speak.

If you would like a way of living in sobriety, try several AA meetings, and be sure to introduce yourself as a newcomer because AA is so very much about the "Fellowship". I am so very grateful for those in AA who brought me to sobriety and a much better way of life. Peace. Serenity. Laughter. Freedom from fear (without the red drink).

Thanks, Michael Palmer, for a fun read and a great meeting. ( )
  Patbilly | Apr 29, 2014 |

Thanks, Michael Palmer, for a fun read and a great meeting. ( )
  Patbilly | Apr 29, 2014 |
Tolerable. For inexplicable reasons I chose this book to listen to on my way back from Chicago (to STL) after taking the Illinois bar.

It's not awful, but it's far from good. Anyone with a military or legal background (I have both) will be bothered by elements of this book.

That being said, it should be judged for what it is... a beach read, an airplane novel, something entertaining to throw away.

If you have time on your hands....... try it. Though, I might recommend a Stephen King, instead. ( )
  steadfastreader | Mar 18, 2014 |
Dr. Lou Welcome, MD, former drug and alcoholic, comes to the aid of a friend being convicted of murder. In the course of trying to find out what happens, he comes across a plan using the US military for an elite team. The head of this team exchanges weapons for a drug that lessens the men's fear. Very good story, hard to put down. It would have been a "5" if the characters were better described, more human IMO. ( )
  LivelyLady | Mar 18, 2013 |

Supervising an unrepentant alcoholic doctor who has been implicated in the death of a powerful Congressman, Dr. Lou Welcome uncovers a wealth of incriminating facts, including the doctor's alleged affair with the victim's wife, before stumbling on a high-level conspiracy that places Lou's life at risk.… (more)

43 wanted2 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,349,664 books! | Top bar: Always visible