Here Are My Hands by Bill Jr. Martin

Here Are My Hands

by Bill Martin, Jr., John Archambault

Other authors: Ted Rand (Illustrator)

I liked this a great book teaches children about what their body parts are for. Younger children are always wanting to learn new things. I thought that is one was great pictures and the words and sentences were easier enough for children to understand.
  roseadaily | May 19, 2019 |
This book displayed a lot of diversity including a variety of races. This book will also allow a lesson on body parts to be taught. ( )
  AmberLynn1213 | Oct 28, 2018 |
Helps students learn about different parts of the body while noticing the differences in culture and ethnicity. ( )
  samanthamoreland | Oct 10, 2018 |
This book displayed a lot of diversity including a variety of races. This book will also allow a lesson on body parts to be taught. This book is geared towards younger children. It can allow them to use their creativity, too. There is rhyming in the book that teaches poetry. ( )
  fkd4 | Oct 9, 2018 |
Colorful illustrations and a catchy rhyming text help young readers learn the different parts of the body. Each page, accompanied by a charming illustration, names a body part and an action. Each of the children depicted represents a different race, nationality, or group, allowing the young reader to experience the similarity that connects children everywhere.

Highly recommended. ( )
  jfe16 | Apr 28, 2018 |

Martin, Bill, Jr.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Archambault, Johnmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rand, TedIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Gloria, Theresa, and Martin. From my hands to your hands. -- T.R. (1987 illustrations by Ted Rand)
Here are my hands for catching and throwing.

New big books to share with a group!

Big books are ideal for use with a large group--they are oversized at 14-1/2 x 18 inches. A perfect way to enjoy Holt favorites with many children at once!

Here Are My Hands features children of many different backgrounds and invites young readers to respond creatively as they learn the parts of the body.

Also available in big book format:

The Colors of Us
By Karen Katz

In the Small, Small Pond
By Denise Fleming

Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See?
By Bill Martin Jr, illustrated by Eric Carle

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:30 -0400)

The owner of a human body celebrates it by pointing out various parts and mentioning their functions, from "hands for catching and throwing" to the "skin that bundles me in."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,654,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible