Here Are My Hands by Bill Martin Jr.

Here Are My Hands

by Bill Martin Jr., John Archambault

Other authors: Ted Rand (Illustrator)

Recently added byARCC_2013, private library, kmgerbig, ilenegrod, katie

a simple introduction to the different senses and the different parts of our body that help with our senses.
1 book
  TUCC | Dec 16, 2016 |
"Here Are My Hands" by Bill Martin Jr. is a great book to read to kids to help them learn about their body. Bill Martin Jr. is famous for using rhyming in his books and he does it in a fun way to help the kids learn about their body. He does a great job at incorporating all kinds of races, genders, nationalities, etc. This is not exactly a deep thought provoking book but it will absolutely get the children to learn what each body part does. ( )
  Paigealyssa | Apr 10, 2016 |
"Here Are My Hands" by Bill Martin Jr. is a great book to read to kids to help them learn about their body parts and functions they take. The author uses rhyming patterns to describe what each body part can do. The illustrations are of boys and girls of different races and nationalities. The diverse illustrations and easy to read, rhyming pattern is what makes this book so wonderful for children. This book can be read to children and they can interact with the reading by showing the suggested body part and explaining what it can do. For example, on the first page, the book states, "Here are my hands for catching and throwing." Then on the second page the book states, "Here are my feet for stopping and growing." I would have my students show me the body part being discussed and have them give other examples of what that body part can do. ( )
  olivia.sanchez | Mar 29, 2016 |
The sing song rhyme format makes it fun to read (especially over and over again and again) the teacher can play a game where you say, "Here are my... " and the students hold up their hands and then the teacher finishes the phrase. ( )
  LauraBlake | Aug 30, 2015 |
A classic. Teaches children various parts of the human body and mentioning their functions featuring children of different cultural backgrounds.
Source: La Petite Academy
Ages: 2-5
  Miss_Tonya | Oct 28, 2013 |

Martin Jr., Billprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Archambault, Johnmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rand, TedIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Gloria, Theresa, and Martin. From my hands to your hands. -- T.R. (1987 illustrations by Ted Rand)
Here are my hands for catching and throwing.

New big books to share with a group!

Big books are ideal for use with a large group--they are oversized at 14-1/2 x 18 inches. A perfect way to enjoy Holt favorites with many children at once!

Here Are My Hands features children of many different backgrounds and invites young readers to respond creatively as they learn the parts of the body.

Also available in big book format:

The Colors of Us
By Karen Katz

In the Small, Small Pond
By Denise Fleming

Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See?
By Bill Martin Jr, illustrated by Eric Carle

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:30 -0400)

The owner of a human body celebrates it by pointing out various parts and mentioning their functions, from "hands for catching and throwing" to the "skin that bundles me in."

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,836,264 books! | Top bar: Always visible