Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their…

Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the… (original 1997; edition 2011)

by Robert T. Kiyosaki

5,231921,234 (3.6)26
Member:JustinTscd
Title:Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
Authors:Robert T. Kiyosaki
Info:Plata Publishing (2011), Mass Market Paperback, 274 pages

Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki (1997)

Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey (fulner)
    fulner: I really feel like Ramsey and Kiyosaki's works compliment each other. Kiyosaki's is actually more challenging and has more intellectual reasons of HOW and WHY things work, while Ramsey is more nuts and bolts "do this or you are screwed" and works on them heart strings. Get both, and stay out of debt.… (more)
    The Secret by Rhonda Byrne (Osko2k)
2014 (7)

English (84)  Spanish (5)  Norwegian (1)  German (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  All languages (92)
Total though changing writing. ( )
  siddharthabayye | Aug 29, 2018 |
La principale raison pour laquelle les gens sont aux prises avec des problèmes financiers est qu'ils ont passé plusieurs années à l'école, mais n'ont rien appris en ce qui concerne l'argent. Il en résulte que les gens apprennent à travailler au service de l'argent mais n'apprennent jamais à mettre l'argent à leur service.
  ACParakou | May 29, 2018 |
Kiyosaki tells a story of 2 dads, one is rich and another is very educated but not rich. The rich dad has more money even though he is not educated. Kiyosaki goes through assets and liabilities, house is an asset and car is a liability, etc. These are basic things reader may have known if he/she took basic economics in college or high school. The book is filled with basic ideas and concepts. There is no formula to follow to invest in a certain amount of stocks, bonds, how to diversify your portfolio, how much of large corporation and small start ups to invest and such things.

I expected more from the book before I read the book. Had I written a book using the word, "rich," I would have done thorough research of past 50-100 years of stock and bond performance, what has worked, what trends to look out for, what to expect in years ahead. I would have written about what market niche consumers will demand. What is on the rise, what is on the fall, less on demand. It is good for beginning's basics, not for complicated investment ideas.

Kiyosaki is a risky real estates investor who has filed for bankruptcy. He has a different psychological profile when it comes to investing than I do. He is more creative with his investments. I just did not find enough concrete evidence in this book. You see a lot of mirages and the story of "Oz," but there is no great Oz once you get to him. I misplaced the book inevitably. ( )
  majestic131 | Feb 26, 2018 |
I know this is a money classic but I found it rather dull and the author very unattractive. Basically, get your money to work for you in investment, shares etc rather than working a job for it. Nothing wrong with the concept but the book itself wasn't a lot of help in getting there. Much better books on personal finance and investing out there. ( )
  infjsarah | Jan 14, 2018 |
Interesting, concise book on money. Accessible and applicable knowledge, especially about how it is best to have our money working for us while we are doing other things. ( )
  CherieKephart | Aug 3, 2017 |

Robert T. Kiyosakiprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lechter, Sharon L.secondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to all parents everywhere, a child's most important teachers.
I had two fathers, a rich one and a poor one.

"How I got rich" is

the book's main theme, with folk-y

stories to prove points.

(legallypuzzled)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446677450, Paperback)

Personal-finance author and lecturer Robert Kiyosaki developed his unique economic perspective through exposure to a pair of disparate influences: his own highly educated but fiscally unstable father, and the multimillionaire eighth-grade dropout father of his closest friend. The lifelong monetary problems experienced by his "poor dad" (whose weekly paychecks, while respectable, were never quite sufficient to meet family needs) pounded home the counterpoint communicated by his "rich dad" (that "the poor and the middle class work for money," but "the rich have money work for them"). Taking that message to heart, Kiyosaki was able to retire at 47. Rich Dad, Poor Dad, written with consultant and CPA Sharon L. Lechter, lays out his the philosophy behind his relationship with money. Although Kiyosaki can take a frustratingly long time to make his points, his book nonetheless compellingly advocates for the type of "financial literacy" that's never taught in schools. Based on the principle that income-generating assets always provide healthier bottom-line results than even the best of traditional jobs, it explains how those assets might be acquired so that the jobs can eventually be shed. --Howard Rothman

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:30 -0400)

Argues that a good education and a secure job are not guarantees for financial success, and describes six guidelines for making money work for you.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,988,458 books! | Top bar: Always visible