Inside HBO's Game of Thrones by Bryan…

Inside HBO's Game of Thrones (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Bryan Cogman, George R. R. Martin (Preface), David Benioff (Foreword), D. B. Weiss (Foreword)

Member:panzerwolf
Title:Inside HBO's Game of Thrones
Authors:Bryan Cogman
Other authors:George R. R. Martin (Preface), David Benioff (Foreword), D. B. Weiss (Foreword)
Info:Chronicle Books (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 192 pages
Tags:tv & movie

Inside HBO's Game of Thrones by Bryan Cogman (2012)

English (2)  Finnish (1)  All languages (3)
As beautiful as this book is (and it is very, very beautiful) I still came away from it wanting MORE . . . MORE interviews, more beautiful photographs, more costume designs, more behind-the-scenes snapshots, more everything!! I was surprised that some characters got so little devoted them, especially fan-favourite Arya Stark, who shares a spread with Bran and Sansa. Some of the more minor characters don't get anything (or just a teeny-tiny mention) - Yara/Asha Greyjoy,Margarey Tyrell, etc. I don't think Shae was in this book at all (unless I missed her.) I guess with a show with such a huge cast they can only do so much, but still! The photographs are beautiful - the entire structure, layout, binding of this book is gorgeous - and I loved what information we did get. It was fun to read the quotes from the actors, directors, etc. I can see myself looking back at this again and again. Especially with the new season just starting now!! ( )
1 vote catfantastic | Apr 13, 2015 |
This was interesting, but I'd really prefer a whole book just about the costumes! ( )
  JenneB | Apr 2, 2013 |

An official companion to the popular cable series offers new insights into its characters and storylines, providing hundreds of set photos, designs, and insider accounts as well as actor and crew interviews that describe memorable moments from the first two seasons.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,109,286 books! | Top bar: Always visible